Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 in a row GONE!!

Kenom

well, to be perfectly honest with you, I really need to understand electronics before I do this more. A long time ago my father told me that if I took and passed the Ham operators test and got a license he would buy me a ham radio. He gave me this book with questions and the answers and wanted me to memorize the book. I spent weeks. WEEKS! trying to memorize the answers. I just couldn't do it. I have to understand something before I can retain teh knowledge or information. That and I just don't wanna remember answers.... I've read through how to build Daedals circuit and it makes no sense to me because my basic understanding of electronics is so rudementary. I understand diodes function, resistors function, and capacitors functions but how they interact with each other and how they work has to be understood for me to do something. Yeah, I can solder a resistor in place. who can't. I can add this part or that part. but if I'm going to be suceesful at doing this over and over again I need to have the skills to go back over what I did and troubleshoot what went wrong and then have the skills necessary to come up with my own solution to the problem.

10 years ago I bought my first computer and I didn't understand it. So, I went out bought a book called "BIGELOWS troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing computers. With the cd and all the extra information on it there was a total of 7,000 pages and I read and digested every single page there. Some of it I don't still understand but I'm knowledgable enough to break anyone's computer I touch! LMAO kidding. If anyone who has the electronics knowledge can recommend a book to read to teach me this stuff I would appreciate it.

You can always follow the military guides. They may not be the best, but the online viewer is free.
They cover everything from the basics to power supplies to radios.

Sorry about the lack of proper link, but the forum won't let me post links yet.

www.tpub.com/neets

*edit link fixed*