Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 cats + 1 Laser

My cats never have cared for lasers :( on the other hand, my puffer fish do! they are cool little devils, they eat live crickets!

cmak

All of them are scared to death off the 405's, run and hide the minute I fire it up.
maybe your cats (or cats in general) are more sensitive to 405nm than the other wavelengths, like humans are more sensitive to 555nm than any other! Who knows! What would be a fun experiment is to shine a 350nm-ish UV laser around and see if the cat notices it at all (humans shouldn't). Now the fun part is getting your hands on one of those :san:

btw nice grammar/spelling :na:

peace & thanks
-cmak

Wow that was high! If you shine it up the back of someone will they leap the same>?
Good question, I cant get them to attack the dot if it is on a person or another cat. They stop dead in their tracks and just look at it if I try to get them to leap up a persons chest. If I shine it on another cat that is sleeping they will only stare.

Another thing thats pretty funny with them is just clicking a laser pointer on and off without shinning it. The noise makes them look around like crazy. They look in the typical spots that I usually shine it even if there is nothing there. They look very confused, maybe I'll make a vid of that when i get the time.

MERC

Good question, I cant get them to attack the dot if it is on a person or another cat. They stop dead in their tracks and just look at it if I try to get them to leap up a persons chest. If I shine it on another cat that is sleeping they will only stare.

Another thing thats pretty funny with them is just clicking a laser pointer on and off without shinning it. The noise makes them look around like crazy. They look in the typical spots that I usually shine it even if there is nothing there. They look very confused, maybe I'll make a vid of that when i get the time.

Interesting Pavlovian behavior.

Basically the same behavior as my cats :p My dogs love lasers more tho :p Bassett Hound and Pomeranian. My Blue Heeler isn't into it much tho.