Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2W 445nm M140 M (HELP)!

Ahh first check the battery if its not the battery check the driver, it looks like the diode is overdriven, too much A. !!
If you turn on the laser if its get too HOT then yes you need a new diode, what driver are you using !!!!
the diode may got too much voltage looks like you shorten it inside the host or the driver is over 1.8A, :rolleyes:

( I have soo many drivers and laser diodes from DTR's Shop )

Last edited:

APEX1

This is in the wrong section btw!! Did you try zooming OUT the lens?

Ahh first check the battery if its not the battery check the driver, it looks like the diode is overdriven, too much A. !!
If you turn on the laser if its get too HOT then yes you need a new diode, what driver are you using !!!!
the diode may got too much voltage looks like you shorten it inside the host or the driver is over 1.8A, :rolleyes:

Aah thank you, i will look in to those points. And what driver i use well.... There is a link in my first post and i selected the 1.8A driver in the bundle.

This is in the wrong section btw!! Did you try zooming OUT the lens?

Aah ooke witch section does it need to be then??( new to this Forum and did not know wear to post and how to post :p ) and yeah i did try zooming out the lens but it still wont go in a nice dot like before.... :cryyy:

First take the battery out of your laser.
Then use a magnifying glass and look at your diodes glass window.
See if it has a burn on it or a circle crack/shatter like these
m140rainydayg_zpsufooxpxp.png

Capture_02242015_173838c_zpsxmivesmo.png

Yes you need a new diode can you adjust the Amp On The Driver !

(maybe a bit to much info!)

I (think) the drive is good( i cant adjust the Amp on the drive!)...... but that the volts in the batteries i have is to strong...... the say 3.6 volts each.. but when i measer them when charged 3.9 volts and when theye are a little empty 3.68 volts. so when i measer the A on the driver with those batteries its 2.25A and with one of those batteries its 1.22A and a full one 1.41A.

(and yes beginner mistake i think. Thinking cheap batteries would do the job pffff, A well you learn from it :p )

mine are 1000mAh btw

Attachments

• ultrafire-16340-cr123a-li-ion-rechargeable-battery-.jpg
    ultrafire-16340-cr123a-li-ion-rechargeable-battery-.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
The battery you have are only good for low power laser's, its ok to use on this laser i only use ( AW Battery's ) this is normal for the battery charge it will not damage the driver,
The mAh 1000 Is fake this battery's you have are around 300mAh or 450mAh i have some of tame and i have a charger it displays the mAh, Your driver is good just get a new diode or purchase the complete set From ( https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/ )
-
I forgot to ask where did you get the diode from !!

Last edited:
The battery you have are only good for low power laser's, its ok to use on this laser i only use ( AW Battery's ) this is normal for the battery charge it will not damage the driver,
The mAh 1000 Is fake this battery's you have are around 300mAh or 450mAh i have some of tame and i have a charger it displays the mAh, Your driver is good just get a new diode or purchase the complete set From ( https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/ )
-
I forgot to ask where did you get the diode from !!

ty, and i got the diode from https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/445-m140-didoes
(445nm M140 Diode In Copper Module With Leads & 405-G-2 Glass Lens)

You could get this
1.7W 445nm Copper Module W/X-Drive & Three Element Glass Lens
$83 / since you already have the G2
its worth it getting it complete set :)

Last edited:

Ignore that, overdriving doesnt cause that. The M140 is a Multimode diode (as opposed to single mode), which means rather than a nice round dot (like a single mode diode), it outputs a rectangle. Those "wings" on the side are normal. Nothing is wrong with your diode, it is that shape naturally.

like all other member said, there's nothing wrong with your laser. if you want a nice dot buy a 3 element lens from DTR.( 3 element give you give you nice dots at the cost of losing 30% power compare to g2 lens that give you more power for burning things but give you horrible dots/beam.)
and you should consider using better batteries as well.(contact LarryDFW).