Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2W 445nm Lucklaser, too good to be true?

rthoms

Hey guys, just found out about luck laser and the $18 discount for shipping,

really like the look of this one 445nm 2W Ultra Powerful Blue laserpointer Burning laser - $169.00 : Laser Pointer,Green laser,Blue laser, Red laser,Buy Laser Pointers,Cheap laser pointer

too good to be true?

seems too cheap? does anyone have experience buying one of these? quality? lifetime? beam quality and power output? how good is the lens?

hope you guys can anwser me at least some of these questions :p

Cheers! Rob

Please don't buy from LuckLasers. Many people have been complaining of poor quality, and has some have complained of never receiving their product.

In my opinion, laserbtb.com is hands down one of the best companies out there. Friendly staff, on-spec(or even over-spec) products and the quality of their products leaves nothing to complain about :)

Last edited:

rthoms

Yeah now im thinking about it I just dont know if I can justify spending that on a chinese laser...
Think id rather spend a bit more and buy a custom built one by a professional. Want a laser from a guy on here but he wont have stock for 10 days...read so much about these lasers now dying to own one but want something of high build quality with high spec lens and driver etc. All your help is great and will help me make the right decision on what to buy to get the very best possible 445nm laser

Cheers! Rob

Any more help and advice is much appreciated

DJNY

It all depends on how much experience you have with other lasers, the safety equipment you own (goggles), the cash you´re ready to spend...

Custom builts also vary in price depending if the builder is an electronic expert (doing electronic stuff as a daily job), is machining and custom fit the inner parts (as heatsink), the choose of hosts (big host more expensive, use of a TEC / fan), the inner parts themselves as heatsink, driver, diode, thermal compound mixtures, overall-built quality including the soldering job... extras as tritium inlay, anodizing...

Differs in output, stability of the output, duty cycle...

rthoms

I have a 120mw green laser I got from the usa a few years ago. But its not in a good state anymore but does still burn things. Yeah I had safety goggles for that laser but will want a new set for when I buy a 445nm laser. Yeah a couple of hundred dollars for a 2w+ inc shipping with batteries n charger etc would do fine. I dont need tritium inlay. Copper heatsinks would be ideal but often they are just alu. Wont be wantig it to be anything more than passively cooled. Efficient driver and a 9mm diode are a must. Compound wise, I dont know what is good but im sure the guy that made the laser I decide to buy will make the right choice from experience.

DJNY

That´s good that you already know about safety and you have experience with other lasers.

With such a "basic" built, there are many builders around able to do this job just fine, if you don´t need an extra good duty cycle while using a small host.

The top-notch builders, I would mention lazeerer, RA_Pierce, DTR (from my personal experience), are able to provide special builts some other builders here might not be able to supply.

rthoms

Yeah defineatly plan on keeping my perfect eyesight, haha and with a 2w laser of any kind its serious stuff.

Yeah i see what you mean by basic, i could easily build a laser myself if i could get a hold of all the right parts putting it together would be no problem for me, good with a soldering iron plus do a lot of electrical type engineering at work.

But being that i live in the UK, ordering all the parts i need from a reliable source would seem to be very difficult as i doubt id be able to source any of the parts i need in this country. although id love to save money and get the chance of building my own laser which id probably have as much fun doing as using the laser its self.

Host size wise, anything up to the size of a wicked laser Arctic S3 would do me fine.

did like the look of the SF-501B 445nm 2-2.4w lasers that Thejoker301 was selling but he has no more stock. spec seemed pretty nice although i dont know what lenses are in those lasers.

ill certainly have a search for lazeerer, RA_Pierce and DTR and see whats going on!

that site looks bogus, i wanted buy from them at first too but it doesnt take long that their prices on lasers dont make sense, i think they no better then what u get on ebay or aliexpress, they take huge overprices for underspec lasers my guess... i mean i saw a green laser 300mw, for only 10$ more you add and you can get 500mw that is impossible and their so called discounts are funny, like 40% off omg buy this laser we sell so many of them we can afford almost slash the price in half is very suspicious too. Like they want 129$ for a 50mw 405 laser and laserbtb i got the 100mw for only 41$ crazy...

u should check out laserbtb they have a nice reputation here havent seen anyone dissapointed and they make nice hosts too and cheap and u get what u pay for.

Last edited:

DJNY

DTR has some parts ready. Don´t know about hosts though.

The guys I mentioned above might not (currently) take building requests FYI.

The builts Thejoker301 sold were for sure good priced. Heard his customers service is very nice too.

I wouldn't trust them. Jetlasers is a pretty nice company if you want a 2W 445nm. Just make sure you have a decent pair of safety glasses.

rthoms

Laserbtb are sounding to be a very nice option! Do like the look of there 2w 445nm and all those safety features are nice. Might give them a shot if I cant get a 2w+ 501B laser from Sci-fi then I think ill end up getting that one from laserbtb! Where in that case could I get batteries for it as I heard they wont sent lithiums over from china??

Personally that laser from lucklaser is rated at 1.6mw not 2. the diode even says it on it if you take it apart. for 170 bucks though its not a bad item and the hose is actually very nice. Just not up to spec, 400mw weaker then advertised..

Laserbtb offers quality up to spec lasers from what I can tell but you pay alot more for them, however you pay for what you get which in this case is better quality and correctly spec'd lasers with better beam dynamics to boot IMO..

Personally that laser from lucklaser is rated at 1.6mw not 2. the diode even says it on it if you take it apart. for 170 bucks though its not a bad item and the hose is actually very nice. Just not up to spec, 400mw weaker then advertised..

Jup im not suprised.. so i would say all their lasers are like 30-40% of what they "claim" a 300mw green laser maybe tops 200mw max.. that to me is nonsense with their prices.....

y4yjasez.jpg
Here is that laser
ne3eje3a.jpg
ygu9ymu3.jpg

Also www.lighthound.com batteries n i suggest AW brand

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited: