Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

216mW stock Dilda.

Is it possible to get rechargeable 3,6v cr2 batteries? Seems too expensive to use usual batteries for a few mW more...

moond0ggie said:
@ RattleHead,
I caught your review of the DX 200 mW on the front page,
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11315
Cool, I've been wondering when they would get it posted.

See an eye said:
Both of the dildas that I've ordered have been around 220mW
Nice.. I've noticed the ones with the glass lens seem to put out a good bit more power than the ones with the acrylic lens. Do yours have the glass lens?

Rangedunits said:
how we know?
You mean about the glass lens? Its casing will be made of metal (brass I think) if its glass. The acrylic will have a plastic case. The glass lens is a good bit longer than the plastic lens aswell.

Well it look like mine is made with a glass lens, btw I've noticed there something which can be turned right&left on the driver.. whats that?

Theres a tiny potintiometer on the driver board that adjusts current,
turn it clockwise & note how much adjustment there is till max, (w/o power)
then turn it back to where it was (baseline),
make any increases in tiny increments.

Someone pointed out that a good power increase can be had by using the CR2 3.6V batteries.
Turn the pot down to minimum with them to start & make small increases to your desired performance,
without smoking the diode ;)

moond0ggie said:
Someone pointed out that a good power increase can be had by using the CR2 3.6V batteries.
Turn the pot down to minimum with them to start & make small increases to your desired performance,
without smoking the diode ;)

Give a look on the other Board Topic: "Dilda DX200 burning power". I have bought some Ultrafire 3.0V batteries and the relevant charger (not the 3.6V) but the result has been amazing: from 178 mW obtained with fresh Panasonic CR2 batteries, it has been possible to get 247 mW with the Ultrafire! And few minutes ago I checked the output voltage of these rechargeable batteries, and also if I used them for a lot of burning tests they are still giving 3.3V with a power output of 237mW! (without touching the pot)  ;D