Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

<200mW waterproof rayfoss greenie

I'll put some pics later...
Heres the link:
200mW Waterproof greenie

This is my first review of anything, anywhere so bear with me...

Pros:
Seems up to spec?
It pops balloons with a sharpie in an instant
It engraves nearly any black plastics
Engraves leather
Waterproof :yh:
engraves a ton of stuff with sharpie on it
Comes with an <1mW sticker to get through customs (comes with the real stick hidden on the bottom of the box also)
Doesn't seem to have any warm-up time
Comes with rechargeable battery and the charger

Cons:
Not focusable
Doesn't come with safety goggles
Duty cycle is only 30 seconds :yabbem:
No IR filter
Waterproof lens gets kinda water marks (comes off with a Q - tip, ear-swab whatever you want to call it)
Pretty long shipping time (but it was from China...)

Other thoughts:
Would be nice to have an IR filter

Over-all I think it is a great laser for the price and would definitely recommend it to a friend, and I'd rate it 4.5/5

Sorry for the off-topic question, but do you know a place I can buy an IR filter?

END

Last edited:

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying, but it is impossible to make a waterproof and focusable laser. We've discussed that before.

Spirit

Thank you, randomlugia, but how do you think about this one from Rayfoss? RF405-200mW-QPT - 100% waterproof Design. Dot size is adjustable by turning the torch head..
I'm looking for a green and a blue waterproof-focusable laser with acceptable price, and I'm a newbie, so please give me an advice, thank you so much!

:thanks: all for the replies and for reading my review

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying, but it is impossible to make a waterproof and focusable laser. We've discussed that before.

As Spirit said rayfoss makes the waterproof focusable blu-ray and o-like makes a waterproof focusable red laser Here.