Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

>200mW red pops ballon from 45 feet!

Emc2

Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I just received my first so-called hi-power red laser pointer today from O-like dot com.
I fully charged the batteries and while the red dot is very bright, there seems to be NO heat whatsoever.
I can NOT light a match and when I focus the small red dot onto my fingertip or onto the palm of my hand, I feel NOTHING!
Am I doing something wrong or could my particular laser pointer be defective?

My specific product is the 180~200mW Red laser/ adjustable focus Product code: OLRLA200 with these features:
Wavelength:650+/-5nm
180~200mW Output power
Powered by 2 x 3V CR2(15270) batteries
Focusable lens
Instantly burn up a match from distance
Pops balloons
Diemension: Dia18mm * 130mm

Any feedback is highly appreciated. Thank You!

Hey dude congrats on your red laser purchase. I don't think you are doing anything wrong, you will not feel the heat on your skin from that laser as the skin is not a dark color (opposite from red) and it will not absorb the heat. Have you tried focusing the laser to burn some black leather like your wallet? It should easily burn something black. If you are trying to light a red match then you may need to color the match head black with a sharpie so it will absrb the red laser light. You will need to focus the laser to a tiny point on the match head, without doing so the beam is too big and it will not light a match or burn when it is not focused. Try these and let me know if that works.

-Todd

scion

Oh ok, the lens fits perfect?
I'm bout to order one these burners! =D

Hey EMC2 did you every buy the better batteries for this thats a little higher voltage but gives 50mw more? I'd really love to see those juiced batteries I've heard about and the lens in a dilda.

300mw!

Emc2

Hey EMC2 did you every buy the better batteries for this thats a little higher voltage but gives 50mw more? I'd really love to see those juiced batteries I've heard about and the lens in a dilda.

300mw!

No I still have the and use the batteries that came with it, I did buy a lens from Larry though and it helped some. The spot is a lot cleaner looking. Juice batts are 1.6v each, the ones that came with are 1.3v fully charged. So far I am happy with them, I may upgrade soon though.

-Todd

They are both the same just different styles. They call those a Dilda. You can boost the outputs by putting higher voltage batteries in them. Do a search of the forum for Dilda for more info.

man00

I bought the same one, no heat at all. Comes with 3.0v batteries, I asked about using 3.6 o-like said it would destroy the laser....Crap this is a old thread.

I bought the same one, no heat at all. Comes with 3.0v batteries, I asked about using 3.6 o-like said it would destroy the laser....Crap this is a old thread.
I have been using my dilda with 3.6V batteries for quite a while now. Probably 20 hours of run time. No problems with it.(it will burn fine with 3.0 but 3.6 do make a difference) Use short duty cycles and it will be fine.

Nice.
I hope when I get my O-Like 200mW laser it will be able to pop balloons from 45 feet :)

I want to get one and use the front module part with a laser host using 2 AA 3.6 volt batteries that are rechargable with 2500ma+ for long life spans before charging...will the laser module survive this with short duty cycles?

It depends on the driver installed. The "old style" Dilda's had a different driver and as stated above, it has over 30 hr. run time on it. It still outputs the same as when new. I have read the "new style" is different and may fry the laser.:confused: