Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW Red Pen Style from DX - Detailed Review

photongeek said:
Are there any safety (eye) issues we should know about with this beast? Are the Wicked (for red) LaserShades adequate protection?
Lasershades offer enough protection, I use them for mine.

man.. don't have any reds yet, and would love this beast.... but itd cost more for the red goggles than the laser itself lol

hey..is the dilda laser so good?it really burns white stuffs too? mm can anyone give me a link?

L

laserguys

Here is the info I said I would post.

I just received the re-chargeable CR2 batteries to put into my DX200.
One heck of a difference. With standard fresh Panasonic Lithium CR2s I got
160mW and with the charged UltraFire CR2s I got 203mW.
The type of batteries and voltage do make a big difference.
I would definitely only use the UltraFire batteries with the DX200. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I just noticed something in the DX forum. If anything is spoken ill of this product, the link is dead. Not very appropriate for a forum. Has anyone else discussed this?

lam3

photongeek said:
I just noticed something in the DX forum. If anything is spoken ill of this product, the link is dead. Not very appropriate for a forum. Has anyone else discussed this?
I didn't notice that yet. Actually, I saw a thread by a moderator who was taking down names on who received it DOA and who got a good one. He actually posted the percentages of working lasers.

Also, about the lasershades, get them from Senkat, as they're only like 41 dollars shipped.

Great review,
I'm ordering one now from DX, with 4 ultrafire CR2,
Question,
whats the best $40 green laser I can get at the same time-now.
anything else I should know before placing my order?

lam3

moond0ggie said:
Great review,
I'm ordering one now from DX, with 4 ultrafire CR2,
Question,
whats the best $40 green laser I can get at the same time-now.
anything else I should know before placing my order?

Well, shipping is free, and depending on where you live, two separate packages may be best for customs.

So I don't see the rush. Though it's always better to order early with DX, or you'll be sorry when you have the week/two week/three week wait later when you really want an item.

^^^Thanks for the reply,
Yea, I was jazzed up & ready to jump on the DX 200mW
but then I noticed that some members sell mounted 16x DVD-RW LD ready to install
in a modded mag lite.

moond0ggie said:
^^^Thanks for the reply,
Yea, I was jazzed up & ready to jump on the DX 200mW
but then I noticed that some members sell mounted 16x DVD-RW LD ready to install
in a modded mag lite.

If you plan on plugging your diode directly into a mag lite (like in the KipKay or whatever video) you'll be wasting your time and money. It may work for a little while but it wont last long without a driver to regulate the current. If you wanna build one yourself, I suggest reading the DIY MXDL & Dorcy threads in the Experiments and Modifications forum. Otherwise you'd be better off buying the DX200.

First impression of the DX dilda is very good,

Lighting matches instantly up to 6ft holding the laser in hand(even the safety matches which wouldn't burn with my X85)
Farthest balloon pop about 24ft
Burning through cd case within 5 seconds (like the one on youtube)

Unfortunately I cannot do any other experiments until my goggles arrive.(so it's a little hard to look at the dot to focus)

Furthermore I ordered the recharcheable CR2's and charger from DX but still waiting for supplier.
So all tests were done with Panasonic Lithiun CR2's (anyone knows the estimated lifetime of these batteries?)

So I guess with the rechargeables and the goggles(for better focussing) the results will improve.

I couldn't resist to try another few tricks with it.

I tried some morning glory (chinese sparklers) which burned in 5 seconds
Blackpowder and fireworks fuse all went fine (and the batteries aren't even fresh anymore)