Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mw Green laser in the UK?

So i had a 1mw green laser from amazon.co.uk but the batteries started to over heat even when i wasnt using it so i changes the batteries and still the same. so i wanted a new laser to replace it but i want a 50mw - 200mw green laser but they are hard to find for a reasonable price in the uk. i have tried to contact gy3.co.uk about purchasing but thay havnt responded yet so i dont know if thay are legit. so if anyone knows a good place to get a 50mw+ green laser (preferably 200mw) please tell me.

Thanks but the prices are a bit higher then I can afford. Anything £30 or below is what i would be looking for.

3Pig

Your not going to get 200mW of green for that price, also, if your batteries were getting hot there is a short in the laser somewhere, if they were lithium batteries i would be extremely worried about it venting and exploding.

Try deal extreme for 29 US $ - 200mW green (may be between 50 and 200 mW) cant be sure without a LPM , mine just arrived and that a lot brighter than an old one of mine.

Have a look at the BST section of the forum. If there isnt a 532 for sale Im sure someone will be able to offer you a 520 build. For 200 mW be prepared to pay min. $ 100! :beer:

Last edited:
have a look at the pens on laserbtb cheap if you ask me, for just 30$ you can get a 50mW laser pen, you just wont find that kind of laser for your budget really.. high laser and low cost just dont mix.

LP 515nm 532nm 1-150

have a look at the pens on laserbtb cheap if you ask me, for just 30$ you can get a 50mW laser pen, you just wont find that kind of laser for your budget really.. high laser and low cost just dont mix.

LP 515nm 532nm 1-150

Yeah, I know. Cheap laser make it worst 10000mW for 15 $ :wtf:
If I'm not mistaken, we could set budget from the cost of diode it self. Well may be 50 mW is not a bad idea for 30 bucks :san:
Need LPM to make sure its power rather than guessing ;)

..the worst case is when you pay more power, you get bad cheap laser (dont judge laser from its cover nor label - judge with LPM)

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of lasers from a china seller for cheap, eight dollars each which included shipping. I tested over 50 of them and their outputs averaged close to 60 mw, some as low as 35mw, some as high as 120mw... the higher power ones the rare exception. They are cheap enough to buy three of them for that money and hope you get a higher than normal output one. Only thing is, they don't use extremely common batteries, they use the CR123 lithium which is a camera battery. You can find those on ebay too, for a dollar each but at stores, 3 to 8 dollars each and this laser takes two of them. Some sellers are illegally shipping these batteries through the US mail via air, but they are not supposed to do that making them harder to find now, here's a link to the laser, it doesn't come with batteries:

5MILES 532nm Green Laser Pointerstrong Pen High Power Powerful 8000M Pointer DX | eBay

These have a nice host, but the laser inside is rather cheap and some of them not completely stable, some get brighter as you continue to use them, others get dimmer the longer you use them...(per session, let them cool down and they are back to the start again) some stay the same output with continued use. Luck of the draw for what you get. I've run them for up to 10 minutes, the longest test I did, and they didn't fry, hard to damage them.

Shop around, this isn't the only seller for this model. I'd otherwise recommend a higher quality one, but if your budget doesn't allow it, these aren't so bad.

Note: They do not have IR filtering, I don't know the ratio of IR to 532nm light, so take away some power due to that.

Last edited: