Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mw 532nm comparison rayfoss

Hello,

I would like to ask about these to lasers

First one is 250mw ,IR filtered,costs 170$ and uses 2pcs 16340 batteries(Is it better than 1x 18650?)
Also in photos you can see that nice drawing with yellow triangle on head(except first photo in description)?Why?Is that different laser?
Link: FIRST LASER

Second one is 200mw,Ir filtered,costs 265$ and uses 1x 18650 battery.
Specs are about the same like first one.And that's the yellow triangle in description looks same like first one.
Link: http://rayfoss.com/productn.asp?ArticleID=59

So why first one costs less and is more powerful and looks about the same?:thinking:

Last edited:

The reason the 2nd one cost more is because it has a higher 532nm output.
The "250mw" laser is likely to have a lot more IR output contributing to its "250mw" than the 200mw IR-filtered one does.
Also, having read other members experiences-especially with higher powered 532nm lasers, both of those are underspec.

Gun

I'm not sure how good Rayfoss are, if you're looking for a laser like that, I'd get it from HERE or HERE.

I'm not sure how good Rayfoss are, if you're looking for a laser like that, I'd get it from HERE or HERE.

Why their price looks different very much ?They re both IR filtered,aren't they?

P.S Josh,in description start it says that they both re ir filtered and what 200mw you would offer?

Last edited:
Hi Fatalas, There are some reviews of Rayfoss on the site here. I don't know myself, I chose to work with forum members or build my own, soon ;)

This is a sticky by one of the veteren members and may help you decide...
http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/guide-buying-your-first-green-laser-30608.html

You may have already done this, but check your local customs laws for lasers in Lithuania there. It would be a bummer to have it seized at the border. Good luck finding your new laser friend :)

~ LB

Gun

Why their price looks different very much ?They re both IR filtered,aren't they?

P.S Josh,in description start it says that they both re ir filtered and what 200mw you would offer?

I'm still a beginner at lasers myself but it says the PL is diode-pumped. Maybe that makes it more expensive for some reason? Not sure.