Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2007Revolution (Simon) made a moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery

As one who quite routinely delevops products for market, then allows individuals to build them license and royalty-free for personal use only, I cannot allow my intellectual property to become the intellectual property of others. I have removed my posts that contained or discussed intellectual property of mine that was posted prior to this change in terms of service. I request that all of my quoted information in replies to any of those posts of mine be removed as well. I am sorry, but I cannot compromise my ownership rights to any intellectual property that I may have shared here in the past. Since I do not agree with these terms of use, I will refrain from further use of this forum.

Bob Boyce

Easy for you to do... you only have 31 posts...:beer:

Could you post the exact section that compromises/refers to the Intellectual
property transfer.. I might have missed it...:eek:

Jerry

Last edited:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
understand the concern but i gotta talk to the lawyer . this will take some time b/c hes on vacation. im sure i can work this out to satisfy your concern

i am not a legal guru. the intent is not "bad" to take others ideas of intellectual property.

this will take time and more meetings / calls with the lawyer (he gets back january 4th)

Last edited:
Congratulations 2007Revolution:beer:

PM me your paypal, so I can deposit some bribe money. If and when and I ever do decide to SPAM the LPF forums. I'll have a get out of jail free card;)

Easy for you to do... you only have 31 posts...:beer:

Jerry

LMAO, I know.

If I'm not mistaken, unless copyrighted, or patented, any works publicly posted become the property of any forum you post in. They can also be subject to the Free Use clause if they are not used to make a profit.

Yeah but there is some common sense involved in what you
disclose in a post...

You don't see me posting the Schematics and Source Code
for the Laserbee I on the Forum...:cool:

Jerry

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hi all plz don't be too stressed about this terms if anyone is=) i am going to chat with lawyer and can reword stuff if possible

have a great week and enjoy the forum.. getting the mods back and the technical aspect of updating terms/etc took most of weekend but i believe it is for the betterment of the forum.

i will keep u all posted..

peace
-ave

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
response from a legal expert i know about the worries in Terms:

"I think you misunderstand. I believe you retain the intellectual property rights, but by posting something, you grant LPF a licence to use what you have posted. For instance, if LPF was sold to another party, the posts
would then go to the new owner. "

the intent of the clause is not to steal anyone intellectual property=)

will get back to u all ASAP once i talk to lawyer when hes back from vacation on Jan 4.

[edit]

if anyone has specific questions for lawyer about terms just lemme kno and i will ask him on Jan4
plz don't stress anyone=) email me atarasov (a t) hushmail dot com if any questions and i forward to lawyer
peace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.