Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2000mw 1064nm CW

Procure an old LCD monitor of sorts and light it up.

That would be cool, and even cooler if plugged in, but that might be dangerous.

Try see how well you can solder with it, and if it can burn something glassy/plasticky like arcylic, perspex etc.. :p

getting it to lase with a KTP would be pretty cool.

2W of 808 doesn't make a ton of green... maybe 500mW in a good situation

BUT this light is already 1064nm as it comes out of the laser, it basically takes care of the 'first half' of a green laser cavity for us. I bet if the KTP were heated and everything was aligned well you could get a watt of 532nm out of it.

SO yes, if he just set it up to where it would make a little bit of green and left it, it probably wouldn't have a ton of power. But if it were really aligned well and setup nicely, it would make some nice green.

Modern CW 532nm lasers operate by combining the lasing and the non linear optics within the resonator for maximum output. Placing a KTP in front of the aperture of a 1064nm laser won't produce as much green as most think because the 1064nm light only gets one pass through the NLO.

Personally I'd rather see more of the arc lamp yag system.

Perhaps with a focused beam....and some targets :cool:

Hmm some raw eggs. See if it will cut an nes cartrige or project box. Wire. a radiometer. rope ('cause you never know when you need to cut some rope.)

mike666 said:
My ex.   ;)

Is she cute? I need to know when to put her to the torch. But, alas, too late. I'm uploading the video as I type this. I am sad to announce it is not my best work but IR lasers, although fun, lack those wow factors the kiddies love.

If certain contracts pan out, I'll be filming some 7+ watt greenies. Anyway, the link will be up soon.