Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2000 mAh 26350 2C continuous

Not my pic
31959291536_385798538a_c.jpg

https://m.fasttech.com/p/5363800
Ordered these a few weeks ago and had a go with them. The height measures right at 35mm. They seem like a good alternative to 18350's and the sleeve. Maybe a custom blue or green PL E Pro in the shorter host? Single cell style MX900? Just thought I would plant the seed and see what happens.

Last edited:

BobMc

These could be quite interesting. :thinking: I have quite a few builds that use the sleeve with two 18350's. If I could forgo the sleeve, and use these, it would inherently give me more capacity. Thanks for posting. Gonna have to check them out. :gj:

Benm

Well yeah, if you have a host that fits them it could work out nicely.

The volume of a 26350 is slightly larger than a 18650 cell, so the capacity could be as well. The 2000 mAh claim is possible for the size of the battery, though i'm not sure what these ones actually are like.

As far as 2C continous output power: nothing unusual about that really, i bet any random 18650 cell ripped from a laptop battery could do that easily, though it never has to in real word use.

BobMc

The volume of a 26350 is slightly larger than a 18650 cell, so the capacity could be as well. The 2000 mAh claim is possible for the size of the battery, though i'm not sure what these ones actually are like.

As far as 2C continous output power: nothing unusual about that really, i bet any random 18650 cell ripped from a laptop battery could do that easily, though it never has to in real word use.

I was thinking of using two 26350's in place of two 18350's. If the capacity of one 26350 is slightly larger than one 18650, I'm guessing the capacity of two 26350's should be noticeablely larger than two 18350's or am I mistaken somehow? :thinking:

I was thinking of using two 26350's in place of two 18350's. If the capacity of one 26350 is slightly larger than one 18650, I'm guessing the capacity of two 26350's should be noticeablely larger than two 18350's or am I mistaken somehow? :thinking:

Well Bob I can't tell you if these are crap cells packed with sand and 18350. And I'm not going to ginsu chop one in half to find out. I did order a sky MC3000 charger/ tester tonight so I will test these as soon as I can.
Just weighed a 26650 at 89.1 grams and the 26350 is 45.9 grams for what that's worth.
An optimistic 18350 claims 750 mAh. I'm sure there is some optimism in the 2000 mAh rating of these cells but I would say we could expect at least 1500 mAh from these at our tick rate. Pushing a diode at 5.5 amps from a buck driver and 2 cells would probably draw less than 5 amps if my spitball math is right.

Last edited:

No doubt. There wasnt much of a selection for this form factor. I'm just weird about which batteries I use with which laser and I think the sleeves leave a lot to be desired. If I can use 2 26350's in a single 26650 host im an happy guy. Save the small cells for small builds. I wonder what the intended market is for these cells.

Last edited:

BobMc

Well Bob I can't tell you if these are crap cells packed with sand and 18350. And I'm not going to ginsu chop one in half to find out. I did order a sky MC3000 charger/ tester tonight so I will test these as soon as I can.
Just weighed a 26650 at 89.1 grams and the 26350 is 45.9 grams for what that's worth.
An optimistic 18350 claims 750 mAh. I'm sure there is some optimism in the 2000 mAh rating of these cells but I would say we could expect at least 1500 mAh from these at our tick rate. Pushing a diode at 5.5 amps from a buck driver and 2 cells would probably draw less than 5 amps if my spitball math is right.

I'm kinda thinking the same thing 18350 with sleeve vs the 26350?

Read a little on your mc3000 charger, 42 different size batteries it can charge, and 7 chemistry's, reads like a really great charger. Am curious to see how they test out. Let us know thanks. :)

Edit; I noticed there are no dealerships in the U.S. if you don't mind me asking which dealership did you order from, seeing your in the States also?

Last edited:
I'm kinda thinking the same thing 18350 with sleeve vs the 26350?

Read a little on your mc3000 charger, 42 different size batteries it can charge, and 7 chemistry's, reads like a really great charger. Am curious to see how they test out. Let us know thanks. :)

Edit; I noticed there are no dealerships in the U.S. if you don't mind me asking which dealership did you order from, seeing your in the States also?

Batts China fasttech
Charger China banggood

The flashlight forums have a few review of the charger. Few rant threads as well

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
No doubt. There wasnt much of a selection for this form factor. I'm just weird about which batteries I use with which laser and I think the sleeves leave a lot to be desired. If I can use 2 26350's in a single 26650 host im an happy guy. Save the small cells for small builds. I wonder what the intended market is for these cells.

I bought a few of these cells last year for a build which never happened due to the lack of an affordable host; I was going to build a nice little shorty EDC in the host below, but missed the sale "window", and didn't want to pay full price just to salvage the host.

I'm not sure what the intended market is for these cells, but there are some flashlight manufacturers who are making lights to accomodate these 26350 cells, like the one that I was going to buy, shown here.
This is a BTU brand flashlight that also comes with a extended barrel to accomodate a 26650 if you wish.

Sorry for the large pic, Photobucket resizing isn't cooperating with my tablet.

1TlpCPN.jpg

Last edited:
Also I am thinking about some of the square hobby packs made for drones, they should be pretty tough, I really want to make some non flashlight units that are compact yet capable. I prefer 12v to maintain driver minimum otherwise so much cant be used, but by using 3 cells you get to discharge each further than if you ran with 2 cells.

----EDIT----

Oh, that's a trick looking stubby, nice.

32240f17-8505-429b-94a8-cf5580ab3238_zpszclongvh.jpg

Last edited:
Boom. Here ya go lol.
attachment.php

TBT the cells are just a little too long to do this right in this host.

Perfect fit
attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

BobMc

Batts China fasttech
Charger China banggood

The flashlight forums have a few review of the charger. Few rant threads as well

Thanks I went to their website MC3000 Charger
And noticed there was no dealership in the States. So I was curious, I'll check out Banghood. :thanks:

Benm

I'm not sure what the intended market is for these cells, but there are some flashlight manufacturers who are making lights to accomodate these 26350 cells, like the one that I was going to buy, shown here.
This is a BTU brand flashlight that also comes with a extended barrel to accomodate a 26650 if you wish.

I guess it just depends on what the customer wants - a slim and long flashlight, or a thick and short one. I can see reasons for both.

One advantage the thick but short one has is that the larger diameter allows for a larger reflector and/or lens system, resulting in a tighter beam if that is the goal.

When looking at battery capacity for the volume the difference between 18650 and 26350 is not that large, so if operating time is a main concern it would not make much of a difference.

If you wanted a compact, very narrow beam, light with limited endurance opting for 26350 might be a good idea. I suppose those could fit things like pockets and purses more easily compared to the 18650 solution, though cooling might be a problem with lights that small.

The charger was delivered today. Going to explore it's functions and set up the profiles. The phone app works very well. I realized that I said I purchased this from banggood but it was actually gearbest my mistake. I'll do some kind of review on it once I have some time with it.
The cells have a range of ir lowest I saw was 70 milli ohm highest was 110. I'm in the process of testing their capacity now.