Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

20-Watt Atomstack M100 Laser Module Tear-down

Nice pics.:D
Very interesting, I suspected it wasn't like their artwork image.

Yep, looks like they are beam shaping each beam with a c-lens pair and knife edging the beams ( for optimal alignment at the magic cutting spot ) which are focused via. the final focus lenses, so the beams all run together at their tightest at the cutting spot/area with a good 10mm + of useful combined and compressed beam.

At 1st I thought the little squares were primary lenses, but I think they are concave cylindricals followed by convex cylindricals and then knife edged with overlap at the cutting area after being focused by the final focus lenses.......so I'm a little surprised they aren't using round primary lenses, but they are only concerned with the magic cutting area, so they are FAC enhanced diodes, they couldn't do that without a primary lens if they weren't FAC enhanced.

Did you do a power test ?

EDIT: Looking at it again the tiny squares could be ( probablly are ) primary lenses just squared off for ease of mounting and the FAC diodes are the ( line ) type which are then squeezed on the fast axis by the concave cyls and knife edged, then final focus in the tube, I wouldn't do it that way for far field use, but for up close cutting it's fine.
The knife edge alignment is no doubt optimized for the intended cutting area.

Last edited:
I haven't done a power test yet. The LPM's I have for higher powers aren't those most accurate. I need to calibrate them.

EDIT: Looking at it again the tiny squares could be ( probablly are ) primary lenses just squared off for ease of mounting and the FAC diodes are the ( line ) type which are then squeezed on the fast axis by the concave cyls and knife edged, then final focus in the tube, I wouldn't do it that way for far field use, but for up close cutting it's fine.
The knife edge alignment is no doubt optimized for the intended cutting area.

Yup, looks like diodes with FAC lenses, followed by two cylindrical lenses then mirrors.

Here you can see the laser diode orientation. The fast axis is horizontal.

With the laser beams the width on horizontal axis is quite narrow for the fast axis >> FAC.

Ah, so the small square lens is also a convex cylindrical, they are rotated/orientated 90 degrees compared to the larger cyl, one for each axis, that makes sense, no need for a round primary being they are fac enhanced diodes.

Last edited:

I see your pic shown on a wall, is this through the optics in the brass tube ?
Can you take a pic of the beam and spot at wall distance without the brass tube holding the final optics ?
If it's a decent beam bundle then it could be fun with a beam expander, I want to know if they cheated the KE alignment towards the magic cutting zone or aligned to infinity.

PXL-20220814-011338983.jpg

Can you take a pic of the beam and spot at wall distance without the brass tube holding the final optics ?
If it's a decent beam bundle then it could be fun with a beam expander, I want to know if they cheated the KE alignment towards the magic cutting zone or aligned to infinity.

That photo is with the brass lens piece on and about 10' away. It is focused at a fixed spot right below the module and comes with a little spacer to set the height above the material to be engraved. I didn't try to remove the lens but when I have a moment I will see if it comes off.

ukracer

Hi how did you project the laser onto the wall.?

ukracer

is it possible to replace the diodes or is it going to cost another 4 or 500 quid if the module goes.

I ask as my M100 only cuts 8mm in laser ply or CLS

is it possible to replace the diodes or is it going to cost another 4 or 500 quid if the module goes.

Depends on your skill level. The diodes in mine appear to just be NUBM44 diodes which I have an abundance of.

Look at this pic
A lot of de-soldering. Probably diodes are pressed. All of them individually collimated, thus most likely the replaced diode will have not ideal collimation.
A lot of fun is waiting for you.

The Chinese don't typically build things to be serviceable, not easily anyways. They have more of a throw away and replace attitude towards most products in my opinion. It doesn't mean that it can't be done but it would require a certainly level of skill, tools and luck.

ukracer

Depends on your skill level. The diodes in mine appear to just be NUBM44 diodes which I have an abundance of.
wht I meant was that is it possible.... :)

if a laser starts loosing power is it likely replacing the diodes will solve the problem then. Assuming you have enough skill. :) Thanks for the diode identification though.