Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 watt laser from scratch parts

DTR's G2 lens is the best. You will pay a bit more for that too. You can get Chinese short focal length aspheric lenses for under $8.00. You might be able to use that host, but I can't promise you won't run into problems using DTR's module and driver. Looks like the lens should work, though.

Jaxson Smit

DTR's G2 lens is the best. You will pay a bit more for that too. You can get Chinese short focal length aspheric lenses for under $8.00. You might be able to use that host, but I can't promise you won't run into problems using DTR's module and driver. Looks like the lens should work, though.
So do you think I should get dtrs module or is it too risky?

GSS

And you recommend the g2 lens?
I found this host also and was wondering if it would work https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/261146373559
You would have a really hard time putting anything in this host. The side has a button set up made for a DPSS and or cheap driver.
Its basicly a replacement 303 style host selling for more than the complete laser itself:unsure:

If your in the US take a look at these hosts and others that member Lifetime17 built and is letting go for very very nice price.
The fronts are the focus knobs and the hosts are made exactly for DTR's module, just hook 2 wires together slide in the module and done.
The last pic show's the hosts 2 wires that you just connect to Dtr's module wires and the hosts heat sink that you slide it in. The focus knob is off so you can see it, and you just screw in what ever lens you get to the focus knob.
Very easy:)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    864 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    892.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    940.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Jaxson Smit

So I should buy DTR's module, a heatsink, a g2 lens, and a host from lifetime17?

Lifetime17 does have a couple hosts that are good for an M140 diode with driver. I would send him a message to make sure you can get one at a price you are expecting. Then get the DTR module with driver.

GSS

So I should buy DTR's module, a heatsink, a g2 lens, and a host from lifetime17?
It's the simplest way on top of the very best parts out there.
Like Paul mention just send Lifetime17 a message and he will walk you through it, but you really can do this on your own..

Jaxson Smit

It's the simplest way on top of the very best parts out there.
Like Paul mention just send Lifetime17 a message and he will walk you through it, but you really can do this on your own..
Alright so all I have to do is get a heatsink from gtr and a g2 lens from them and talk with lifetime17 for a good host and the just assemble everything

GSS

Now i'm thinking i'm being trolled:whistle:
Good luck which ever way you go.

GSS

I just don't know how else to explain it.
The round aluminum pieces with wires coming out of the holes is the heatsink that Lifetime17 machines and adds to the host to make it a simple 2 wire to wire connect. You slide DTR' module into that hole after you connect the wires. On the side there is a set screw that locks down DTR's module..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    295 KB · Views: 4
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    277 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Jaxson Smit

I just don't know how else to explain it.
The round aluminum pieces with wires coming out of the holes is the heatsink that Lifetime17 machines and adds to the host to make it a simple 2 wire to wire connect. You slide DTR' module into that hole after you connect the wires. On the side there is a set screw that locks down DTR's module..
So all I basically have to do is buy the driver and host

Hi,
Really now after 60 post telling you how to build a laser and you dont get it . I dont mean to be mean or anything like that but come on.
And besides there are a ton of info in our search bar to learn. Please read info it s a learning experience .
Rich:)