Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 lasers from danefex and my whole laser set

Re: 2W Danefex build with Mrcrouse Host

HEY I never said anything about not cracking someone's skull with it! That wouldn't hurt the laser nearly as much as whoever's lying on the ground in front of you :crackup:

j/k - dont do that, I hope it never comes to that too :p

BTW a 5 minute duty cycle on this thing isn't pushing it too hard. When I tested this twice to see where it metered & how hot it was getting around 5 mins, I was surprised it was slightly warm. Mrcrouse made that massive sink especially for comfortably long duty cycles & staying true to his sigfile :p I'm also glad Unidentified (whoever he is) is happy with this monster also!

:beer:

Of course i am happy. :D Cant wait for the 2nd laser (405nm) from you. :)

Last edited:

Of course i am happy. :D Cant wait for the 2nd laser (405nm) from you. :)

Well despite the setback with the first 12X burning out immediately on me at 500ma (!) in your second laser - the replacement should be ready by Friday :p

I've said many times before that I have a love/hate thing with 12X 405s..... Love the color, hate the costly loses suffered from burn outs & pushing many harder than they could handle.

When you showed me that pic, I hope it meters the same or more. :D

By the way, a couple of nights ago, my wife kinda freaked out in the bathroom cause there was a fly bugging her (she hates em). Guess what i used to dispatched that little nuisance. :eg: She actually got excited when i did that and she became.. you know.. and we did.. that night.. :cool: :D

Last edited:

Nice laser and pics! :beer:

By the way, a couple of nights ago, my wife kinda freaked out in the bathroom cause there was a fly bugging her (she hates em). Guess what i used to dispatched that little nuisance. :eg: She actually got excited when i did that and she became.. you know.. and we did.. that night.. :cool: :D

Mrcrouse M.O.D. pro's
- 5 minute duty cycle
- potential defense mechanism
- pest elimination device
- destroyer of cardboard tubes
- aphrodisiac

Mrcrouse M.O.D. cons
- I don't have one yet.

Mrcrouse M.O.D. pro's
- 5 minute duty cycle
- potential defense mechanism
- pest elimination device
- destroyer of cardboard tubes
- aphrodisiac

Mrcrouse M.O.D. cons
- I don't have one yet.

That about covers everything. I can be added to Mrcrouse's testimonial section. :crackup:

Last edited:

700mw is typical with a 500ma of current through a 405-G lens. How long it didn't last in testing however...... not so typical :undecided:

Re: dmacrae - :crackup:

Last edited:

I might have to offer a sacrifice to the laser gods and beg for their blessings. :evil:

A sacrifice of smoke and earth. :D

Nice :) That's a good start to what I see to be a growing laser collection. The laser case you have there looks awesome too, nice job!

I have several of those case. Same case that my C6 rainbow comes with. It is an excellent case.

I have several of those case. Same case that my C6 rainbow comes with. It is an excellent case.

Cheap and big enough for all my stuff. I wish i can redo the foam though. Foam replacement i found online is almost the same price as the case itself. :(

Wow those are very nice lasers. The 'big' one has one of the biggest heatsinks I've seen on a handheld, and it looks pretty cool!