Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 in 1 5mw Violet Laser from T-mart

Hello all, I recently got a 2 in 1 (star pointer and single beam) 5mw violet laser from T-Mart for reviewing purposes but that won't change my judgement. I will pretend I bought the laser with my own money. The laser has the star pointer setting where it makes 100's of dots on a wall, and just the single beam setting. Lets get started!

Link to website: http://www.tmart.com/2-in-1-5mw-405nm-Midopen-Blueviolet-Laser-Pointer-Pen-2AAA_p112734.html
- Communication

10/10

I have to say I did not communicate very much with T-Mart but I contacted them through facebook message's instead of an email address. I did not have many questions and such but they did respond to their facebook messages in under 8 hours. As well there were no grammatical errors or misunderstandings with the short talk we had on facebook.

- Price

9/10
The price currently is about $13 and usually it is $20. It is 31% off right now:yh: Compared to other websites (deal extreme) it is about the same price.

- Shipping

10/10

Shipping was fairly quick and there is free world wide shipping option with no minimum purchase which is great. It was sent from the United States to Canada. It took just over a week and it was priority mail as well. Shipped with USPS then transferred to Canada Post.

- Laser quality

8/10
It is pretty good quality for the price. You get what you paid for. With inexpensive lasers I usually buy 2 or more because after a few drops they sometimes start to break down and having a backup is always good. It is a bit like the typical design for aaa battery laser pointers these days. Here is a pic of the star setting and also the normal setting with heavy fog. I will say it is dimmly visible at night though. Not a crisp line but a foggy line. Also the laser dot seems a bit out of focus which is normal for violet-blue lasers.

7/10
-Power
The power seems like about 3-5mw not sure though. The star mode decreases the output a lot because it is dispersed. That is normal but the maximum distance away from the wall you're pointing at should be 30ft at night to be visible. The single beam setting can be seen from very far away about 300-1000ft depending on conditions at night.

Overall the laser is pretty good for the price. Usually with inexpensive lasers they tend to die out slowly after a couple months of heavy use. Getting dropped and such. I've had it for about a week with no problems. I also made a brief youtube review but not as much information as this. It was basically to be short and concise and to the point. This is my first review so sorry if I made any mistakes. My youtube review and unboxing

2 in 1 Violet Laser Pointer from T-Mart - YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_012811.jpg
    IMG_012811.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

yes sorry it is a star pointer and a single beam laser. That is what it was called on the website but it only has one laser diode. Watch the youtube video for more of an explanation

A star pointer with a single beam... Good thing I was hoping it wasn't one of those dual beam star pointers.:whistle::crackup::crackup::toilet: