Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 AA MiniMAG laser, WITH a FlexDrive?!  YES!

Re: 2 AA MiniMAG laser, WITH a FlexDrive?!  YES!

daguin said:
[quote author=Bearded_Galaxy link=1233873091/20#29 date=1234036376]
Well I may be a noob or an idiot, but my kipkay laser is still alive one year after I built it, and I still continue to use it. ::) It's not recommended, but it might just work without a driver.....it's not really equivalent to throwing your diode in the garbage. ::)

I am very pleased that yours is still working.  Enjoy it.  However, there are over 6000 people on this list (and there are other lists as well).  The overwhelming majority of these driverless builds die very quickly.  We get an amazing number of people that find this forum BECAUSE their KipKay hack has burned out.  They do their research AFTER they fail.  

It is said that there is an exception to every rule.  You can stand proud as one of the exceptions to this rule.  However, our recommendations and reports are NOT based in the very small number of exceptions.  They are based in the MUCH LARGER number of reported failures of this hack.

Peace,
dave
[/quote]
Yea, and i still continue to see these "My MiniMag hack died. why?" threads.

Re: 2 AA MiniMAG laser, WITH a FlexDrive?!  YES!

As soon as I get another FlexDrive, I'll post the tutorrial. So, either patience, or generosity, would be much appreciated. Preferrably the latter, but I'm not terribly hopeful.