Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W 445nm blue Sci-Fi Laser for Sale!

zappiermike

Hi everyone!

I've had this laser for 3ish years and have hardly used it. Wish I used it more but oh well... Anyways, here's the details:

Price: $150 $95 + shipping (also willing to negotiate)

1W 445nm blue laser with cover cap
Two pairs of rechargable batteries (16340) for the laser. One pair doesn't seem to work. Not entirely sure why. Might be bad battery or something else. I can give it to you otherwise I'll probably toss them
Wall plug charger to recharge the batteries
Pair of laser safety glasses with case ($9 on amazon)

Normally I would sell things on eBay, but since it's more than 5mw it's against eBay's policy. I didn't know where else to sell other than here. Admin's please approve because I've lost interest in lasers and don't want to make a bunch of other posts JUST to post this. If there's another way to prove I'm not a scam let me know thanks.

P.s. I accidentally burned my door while taking these pictures lol

Attachments

• IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    827.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0972.jpg
    IMG_0972.jpg
    868.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

That seems like a lot of money for a 445nm 1 watt laser in a 501B host, used. I could throw together a higher power one in that same host for ~$78.00 using all new parts. Just an experienced builder trying to give some advice.

GSS

Zapiermike,:( I really hate saying this but on top as to what Paul said about the price, unfortunately Sci Fi laser's or the builder Eitan was exposed to be con man that on top of never sending laser's people paid for, the ones he did send he used awful cheap parts like no name diode's, cheap drivers made for LED's and wire's that were basicly pulled from the trash and no whatsoever heat shrinking. Not one part in his unit's was the one's he claimed.
I'm not out to hurt your sale by all means but there are quite a few threads here of Sci Fi builds with plenty of inner pic's of his working's and I also got a bad unit from him. It's a shame because Sci Fi Laser's had a nice sight that suckered people in and i'm surprised yours works for now as many got unit's that never even worked.
Wish I could tell you where to sell but it wouldn't also be fair to the buyer unless you show yours was made proper as Sci Fi claimed but taking it apart isn't in the cards.

https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/another-arcane-story.103562/

This is a quite recent thread of Sci Fi's usual building practices on a unit that was actually quite expensive.

Last edited:

zappiermike

Thanks everyone for the input!

I didn't realize that Sci-Fi had a bad rep. I bought mine in beginning of 2015 (I believe) and he even helped me out when I couldn't figure out how to adjust the focus. Seemed like a nice guy, but times change.

Anyways, I dropped the price based on people's input.

GSS

That's a start..
Got to believe it wasn't easy bringing it up on your sale.. You just might have a build that Sci Fi made proper.

Eitan is not a nice guy, he's a backstabbing thief and a liar, some of the garbage he built was simply atrocious and some just flat did not work at all, but besides all of that, good luck with your sale. :)

GSS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^If it wasn't for this guy;)^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ on a mission to expose Eitan AKA "The Joker" who knows just how many more more he would of scammed..
Mike I also thought he was a nice guy at first and i'll bet the focus issue you had was because he didn't even "bother" to even tighten the focus knob on the lens like on mine. It also looks very close to hitting the heatsink in your pic. My advice to you is to put your laser through some paces by using it frequently for a week and go from there to see if it holds up. Diode's have a life span of 5000 hours at their rated power input so an extra 20 hours or so of laser play is not going to make a bit of difference, plus at a so called 1W output it's not pushed to hard.

Last edited:
FOURBUCKS COFFEE  best one.jpg

no good deed goes unpunished..

McCarrot with 5 projectors on Amsterdam.
DSC00028  AMSTERDAM McCARROT AT NORTY PLEE.JPG

Last edited: