Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1st laser 405nm

this my first laser just got it today its a 405nm focus-able laser 301 from ebay and came with 1x 18650 battery and 1x battery charger picked it up for $22 did i get a good deal :confused:

:beer:

also whats your guess for power range cuz its marked >5mw but it burns stuff:evil:

I think you got a good deal.

How high powered does a 405nm laser have to be to be able to see the beam??
I have two more on the way too as you aware of a site where I could pick up a cheap tripod

I have suggested a cheap tripod for you in another thread you posted.

Without dust or fog or smoke I doubt you would be able to see ANY beam in daylight....

You can see some beams in daylight. A powerful blue can be seen in a brightly lit room, but if your talking about outside in sunlight, I hear you need about 1.5W - 2W green, and I don't know of any handheld green in that power so you would need a labby and they are available in higher powers than that if you have the money.

Are different wavelengths different as far as beam visibility??

The visible spectrum is 400nm (UV-violet) to 800nm (IR- red) for most people. The closer you get toward 400nm or 800mn the less visible it is.

Alan

No you need like tens of watts to get a beam outside on a clear day. 555nm is a yellow green kind of color. True green is about 530nm and true yellow is about 577nm. 555 is some where close to the middle. 507nm is a very blue green.

Thanks for the heads up power wise and I look forward to hearing what the LPM has to say

+1 to you all for your help and kindness around the holidays :beer:

Got the laser today! and here as promised here is a video of it on the LPM at work. Came out around 62mw (without charging battery first). I'll test it again after charging but so far it doesn't even feel warm on my skin.

6xt0l5.jpg

eBay BluRay 405nm laser pointer - LASER POWER TEST - 60mw - YouTube

Last edited:
Well yours might be a little under the power of mind which I'm sure is possible cuz mine kinda sizzled my skin:drool:

Well yours might be a little under the power of mind which I'm sure is possible cuz mine kinda sizzled my skin:drool:

I also did not charge the battery at all. And the focus ring doesn't have any backlash spring so it would wiggle around and not get a tight dot. Will play more =)

Ah speede, turn out mine burns a little, used some safety glasses from work, but only if I get it focused just right. Only works with focus all the way OUT, and with the target an inch or two away.

I haven't tried mine like that but I got it to burn with the zoom half a turn out and about 6 inches away

In the other post it was supposed to say "also" not ass lol