Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1994 670nm Pointer

lasingfox

hey hey, I recently scored this super old laser pointer on ebay and I kinda want to show it off. It's super clunky and 670nm is very deep and nice to look at. i have a picture comparing it to 632.8, 650 and then 670 on the right. The camera makes it look more pink but in person its just very deep compared to the other two. it also uses a 9mm diode too which I thought was kinda neat. :)
image0 (23).jpg
image4 (1).jpgimage3 (2).jpgimage0 (25).jpgimage1 (4).jpg

Last edited:

Benjamax

Congratz on getting it. The color must be spectacular in person.

Very cool.
That's a chunky pointer for such a simple-looking laser.
This must be one of the oldest operational diode lasers among the collections on this forum.
Some have some very old gas lasers as well.

lasingfox

Very cool.
That's a chunky pointer for such a simple-looking laser.
This must be one of the oldest operational diode lasers among the collections on this forum.
Some have some very old gas lasers as well.
i doubt it's the oldest but it's certainly my favorite red pointer. i've been trying to find a handheld hene pointer but those things are so rare. i have a bunch of gas lasers that are older than this thing and i could probably jam a small helium neon in this host to make my own if i really wanted to, haha. maybe i should show off my collection.. :rolleyes: