Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

16340 voltage

Hello all.
I just received a 1.6w 445nm in the mail made by apex. I was going to run 3.2v li-ion 16340s for power but wanted yo know if it would be worth it to run 3.6v instead for output. How much would I stand to gain from running a 3.6 vs a 3.2. (Not counting the higher output from a fully charged cell running closer to 4v)
Thanks

I don't think you'll see any increase in power output if the laser was built properly. You'll probably just see a shorter run time with the 3.2v li-ions.

I don't think you'll see any increase in power output if the laser was built properly. You'll probably just see a shorter run time with the 3.2v li-ions.

Ah Ok. So if I'm not planning on running it long anyways then it won't make a difference.

It shouldn't. But it really depends on the innards. Is there a build thread I can check out?

I wouldn't recommend using those 3.2v batteries, it is very likely you will get just a few minutes run time before there is a power drop and they will need recharging. Buy the batteries labeled 3.7v and don't buy those cheap blue ones.

Alan