Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

150mW CNI laser pointer - good laser?

IgorT

john_lawson said:
I just picked up an RPL 260 SWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTT unit
seems very sturdy and compact

How much does that cost? How big is it? Care to post some pics and "laser pr0n"? (if i can quote Amnizu)

Is that from the S-KY GB?

IgorT

Amnizu said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delerium_tremens

Oh, i know what delerium tremens is. I just didn't recognize what the letters mean.

Well, i'm still alive, but it could be due to the fact, that i was getting small doses during testing, while realigning the crystals with the pump diode. ;)

Amnizu

IgorT said:
[quote author=john_lawson link=1205171303/0#14 date=1205613376]I just picked up an RPL 260 SWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTT unit
seems very sturdy and compact

How much does that cost? How big is it? Care to post some pics and "laser pr0n"? (if i can quote Amnizu)

Is that from the S-KY GB?[/quote]

RPLs are from optotronics.com, man.

IgorT

Well, i'm new to green lasers.. Up untill now, i was only building my own reds and blue rays. I thought the name of the laser was similiar.

I'll check out the site. Or maybe i shouldn't.. Hmm. Tough decision.

EDIT: Oh, it's PGL, not RPL. That's what confused me. That and the fact, that they should be arriving around now.

IgorT

BlueFusion said:
IgorT... he said RPL, not S-KY... they are totally different lasers. d'oh!

Well, it was a question. Now i will know for the future..

BTW, i see from your sig. your DX200 is also modehopping.. Did you get it that way, or did it start happening later? (if later, how much later?)

I'm currently rebuilding mine, and finally managed to find an alignment, where the modehopping is completelly gone. But finetuning will require alignment in front of a power meter. The last few mW are a pain to get out. And the threads are so wide, that real finetuning is next to impossible. But i'm not giving up.

I got it like that. But if I wanted to I could return it.

And how am I a smartass? You know what I'm talking about. Can't you take a gentle poke in the ribs?!

IgorT

I apologize. I made a mistake. But it wasn't related to this alone.

I thought i canceled in time, and then wrote a reply here. I'm sorry.

IgorT

My laser is being shipped! They really put a lot of effort into squeezing every last bit of power out of it, when i told them how extensively it would be tested.

The picture shows the measurement of the laser they are shipping to me. They told me the label says 1mW out of concern with the customs. But the laser seems to be putting out 168mW. Can't wait to measure it myself... :)

Attachments

• CNI150_measurement_LR.JPG
    CNI150_measurement_LR.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 143