Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

150mW CNI laser pointer - good laser?

IgorT

Would the 150mW CNI pointer be a good deal for around $285?
If i'm not mistaken, it should be the same thing as this one: http://www.novalasers.com/NOVAstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=88

150mW is supposed to be the average power, not the peak, and it has a 6 month warranty, as well as an IR filter...

If it's the same thing as the Nova X150, i believe it would be very good at only $1.9 per mW, as opposed to $2.66..

If i could get the shipping costs down a bit, the price could be even better..

IgorT

Re: 150mW CNI laser pointer

spyrorocks said:
Sounds good so far...

Yeah.. Too bad i just spent almost the required amount of money on cheap 50mW and "200"mW lasers..

On the other hand, if i hadn't, i wouldn't know how badly i want a good one.. :)

I think this might just be the next laser i buy.. The price is considerably lower, than it would be at Nova Lasers, but i get the same thing.

It might take a few months, before i buy it tho...

I can also get tiny green 100mW laser modules for DIY projects, but they actually cost more, than the 150mW pointer.

I wonder if these pointers actually have proper drivers, or if the current only depends on the battery voltage. Did anyone ever measure this?

IgorT

What happened to the replies in this thread? There were two, then there was a server error, and now they are gone.. Hmm, some PMs dissapeared as well.

Anyway, this laser is the real thing. I just wanted to know if it is the same thing as Nova Lasers..

If it is, i'm probably gonna buy it, as soon as i get the money. By then my LPM should be finished as well, so i will be able to verify the output.

IgorT

I just got info, that higher powers than 150mW are not available, but that these put out around 165mW..

I really need to get one.. I'm hooked.. :)

IgorT

john_lawson said:
I'm still broke from buying a tech 95mW

Yeah, this is what addiction does to us.. But at least you're having fun with it, right?

How much does that one cost?

IgorT

I just took a look at my bank account, just in case, and noticed, that i recieved a substantial amount of money, that i didn't expect..

I'm ordering the CNI 150mW right now.. I'm all excited.. :) Finally a real, quality laser!

I should be writing a review in about two to three weeks. By then i will also have the possibility of measuring the power.

IgorT

You can be sure i will.

Unfortunatelly, my price just jumped 20€, because of bank charges.. But it's still good. I'll just have to swallow harder, i guess.

IgorT

Jesus, i think i'm going laser crazy.. What the hell am i doing.. How many lasers do i really need?!?

Does anyone else ever get this feeling?

A few weeks ago, i thought it was crazy to spend >$300 on a Blue Ray drive, and now i'm spending the same amount on a greenie, and if i add all the cheap ones to this, i could have gotten a 6x BR as well. I think i'm gonna sell the cheaper ones to some friends.

And if i should then decide to spend that money on a BR burner, i'll check myself into laser rehab... :)

IgorT

Amnizu said:
Just be careful. 532nm withdrawal can kill you, like the DTs.

Currently i am in 532nm withdrawal, as my DX200 is in pieces, and not properly realigned yet.. Maybe this is the reason i'm ordering like crazy..

What are the DTs?

I just picked up an RPL 260 SWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTT unit
seems very sturdy and compact

Amnizu

IgorT said:
[quote author=Amnizu link=1205171303/0#12 date=1205446922]Just be careful. 532nm withdrawal can kill you, like the DTs.

Currently i am in 532nm withdrawal, as my DX200 is in pieces, and not properly realigned yet.. Maybe this is the reason i'm ordering like crazy..

What are the DTs?[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delerium_tremens

(colloquially, the DTs, "the horrors", "the shakes" or "rum fits"; afflicted individuals referred to as "jitterbugs" in 1930s Harlem slang; literally, "shaking delirium" or "trembling madness" in Latin) is an acute episode of delirium that is usually caused by withdrawal or abstinence, from alcohol following habitual excessive drinking, or benzodiazepines or barbiturates (and other minor tranquilizers). When caused by alcohol, it occurs only in individuals with a history of constant, long-term alcohol consumption. Occurrence due to benzodiazepine or barbiturate withdrawal does not require as long a period of consistent intake of such drugs. Prior use of both tranquilizers and alcohol can compound the symptoms, and while extremely rare, is the most dangerous especially if untreated. Barbiturates are generally accepted as being extremely dangerous, both due to overdose potential and addiction potential including the extreme withdrawal syndrome that usually is marked by delirium tremens upon discontinuation. Due to this, barbiturates are rarely used anymore, being replaced by the generally accepted less dangerous benzodiazepines, which however still cause a similar withdrawal syndrome.