Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

15 W green Laser to create atificial star!

Blord

Re: Laser Guide Star at VLT to shine brighter light on stars

Nice, I will take the obselete orange laser from them if they dump it. :D

lovejoy_gbb.jpg

Nice, I will take the obselete orange laser from them if they dump it. :D

lol good luck with that :crackup:

Not sure why it looks orange at the source though? They say that they illuminate the sodium layer in the atmosphere, but that doesnt explain the colour exiting the enclosure in their pictures....:thinking:

DrSid

The orange laser is pumped by green laser .. so maybe they will only change the green part ? It's confusing ..

Last edited:

lol good luck with that :crackup:

Not sure why it looks orange at the source though? They say that they illuminate the sodium layer in the atmosphere, but that doesnt explain the colour exiting the enclosure in their pictures....:thinking:

If you are interested in these lasers, for example here and here you have more information about this :beer:

Edit:

The orange laser is pumped by green laser .. so maybe they will only change the green part ? It's confusing ..

This was true for the old system called PARSEC, which uses Verdi V10 lasers (4 in the amplifier if I remember correctly) at 532nm, but not for the new system that uses laser at 1178 nm to obtain the beam laser at 589nm.

Last edited:
Funny... was just watching the last episode of eureka last night, where they dedicate a laser pointer in memory of a dead character.

DrSid

So which picture represents the new color ? I'm confused even more ..

So which picture represents the new color ? I'm confused even more ..

I think someone has misunderstood, the color for the new laser is always 589nm, and not green.

To excite the sodium atoms in the upper layers of the atmosphere is used precisely this wavelength, ie 589nm, and not green.

The articles that I post explain very well that.

DrSid

Oh I see .. taking 'green' out of the equation makes it clear ..

I think someone has misunderstood, the color for the new laser is always 589nm, and not green.

To excite the sodium atoms in the upper layers of the atmosphere is used precisely this wavelength, ie 589nm, and not green.

The articles that I post explain very well that.

Thanks for the links Piferal! Very interesting....

Incredible in your links, they state 589 at 20 W!! Wow I think a few here, not to mention Blord!;) would like to get their hands on that! :drool:

As I said before, in the old system Called PARSEC, that still works, were various green lasers Verdi V10 was used to generate the 589nm, but it is a
fairly complicated system and with much maintenance, so he want to replace by the following "more simple"