Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

11W blue laser "hell burner". Hello from Russia ;)

Hello my friend!

If used in a length, the beam will be 10x5mm. Therefore, to use a polarizing cube, need to use two rows. Their location - it does not matter! ;) You can arrange one after another ;)

When building such a beast as this, why use two rows of combining power and not just one row twice as long? I'm interested in building something like this and want to know if there is any advantage to having them split into two rows. The only thing I can see of possible concern is the mirror mounts slowly migrate from one side to the other in a long line, but believe less space might be needed in the long run, if all of the lasers and mirrors are in one line. I must be missing something as I've seen this kind of pattern repeated in other knife edge projects.

Thanks, I hope no one minds my having dragged this one to the top of the pile again. For myself, I see no reason to make an additional disjointed thread when I can just add to this one.

Chris

Last edited:

How do you manage heat?
What kind of cooling system did you use and whats the duty cycle?

How do you manage heat?
What kind of cooling system did you use and whats the duty cycle?

It is fairly obvious if you bother to watch
the entire video and read through the
discussion. Everything is mounted to a
thick aluminum plate and the host is a
giant finned heatsink.

It is fairly obvious if you bother to watch
the entire video and read through the
discussion. Everything is mounted to a
thick aluminum plate and the host is a
giant finned heatsink.
Thanks for your post.
I did read the whole thread and watched the video.
But it doesnt answer my question. I see the modules holders and base plate is aluminum and the cover has fins, but I don't know if there's anything else. Like maybe there's a TEC cooler under the base plate like in some of DTR's projects cooling everything? Some commercial modules seem to have fins and fans on the bottom of the base plate too. The bottom of the base plate is not visible in the photo and video. That's why I'm asking.

Just trying to learn about duty cycles and cooling. I can't find much info on how to determine and improve my duty cycle besides burning the diode from trial and error...

Last edited:
Holy crap that things powerful... what metal were you burning with it?

Davidx

Really cool job! I also like the "aiming laser" feature. Thanks for sharing.