Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

11.9mm and 12mm

is 11.9mm and 12mm compatible? Moh is selling 12mm new wish pen hosts and i was thinking of putting a module of mine in one.

Umm...12mm won't fit in 11.9, but 11.9 will fit in 12mm but you would need a sleeve or use thermal adhesive. Is that what you are asking? Sorry, just hard to decipher your question.

Those Pens will fit an Aixiz Module Perfectly. You will still need to add a little friction to stop the module from sliding.

A small piece of a resistor leg or a piece of regular clear tape on a small part on the module not all the way around and it wont slide.

Here is a video that i did a wail ago when i did a GB on them showing how the Aixiz Module Fits:

682_2519.jpg

if its A Green laser module do you know if the module is threaded at the head.?

If it is these NewWish pens heads have threads that you can screw a Green laser module in.:)

Can you post a picture of your module.?

Really? This looks good to you?

Sorry, but I'd rather use a tin foil sleeve or something.

Attachments

• 682_2519a.jpg
    682_2519a.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 180
Just about any DIY Pen I came across needs some Kind of friction to stop it from sliding.

So yes For a DIY pen that is close enough for me.:cool:

In a pen laser even if it was a very tight press fit its not going to give you that much more heat transfer.

Even when you buy custom Heatsinks that have a set screw. The Tolerance is about the same as these pens. That is why you have a set screw. In this case you have to get creative since you cannot fit a set screw.:)

So Yes Aluminum foil is a better ideal.:beer: Or copper tape might be a better option because its sticky.:)

That picture was a bad example. I just tried 3 pens with an Aixiz Module and all fit alot tighter then in that pictures.:beer:

I still have 10 of these pens. Haven't even used one yet in a build.LOL

Last edited:
Cool.:) Iam 99% sure that it will thread Right in the head of the pen host.

The correct Green Module size that fits in these Pens that you want to get from Moh is 12x60mm.

All you will have to do is screw in the module into the head and line up the button and your good to go. If you feel That there is a gap in between the module and the host. Use some aluminum foil as LD said above or coper tape to make it a tight fit.:) Or thermal Past will help.:)

Last edited:
You will have to remove the 2 wire coming off the driver and also make sure that they have not bridged the switch so it stays on constant.

If they have all you need to do is remove the bridge that they put across the 2 legs on the switch and then it will be momentary again.:)

I Bought two 50 mW 532s from Fukitallprice.(ONLY $14.50 EACH) the switch in one failed first use- the other later them same day- so I pulled the 11.9mm modules and used copper shims and thermal compound to get a good fit in a host meant for the AixiZ 12mm module. The shims came from inside an old radio antenna- they are what keeps the antenna from coming apart- there is a pair progressivly smaller ones inside each section- they are already nicely curved just wipe off any grease they have on them- add your thrermal compound and slide them in. quick and dirty. push the antenna sections inside out(backwards) to get to the shims.

Also I wanted to put an AixiZ module inside the old hosts( w/ a better switch) so rather than make the AixiZ smaller I, instead, wrapped a few inches od emory 1 inch cloth aroung a drill bit using a piece of masking tape and enough wraps to just squeeze into the host- ran my drill and kept checking until the host finally fit the larger module. You make need to change the emory cloth until you get 12 mm. The powdered Al. dust is pretty messy so I did this outside. Not rocket surgury or brain science but it worked.

hope this helped-- if so plz donate to LPF--thanks Hak