Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10mW O-Like Blu Ray pen

Got my 10mW Blu Ray pen in the mail from O-Like today so here is my review based on what i think so far.

When it arrived: The laser came in a white bubble wrap envelope just like all lasers from O-Like do to prevent any damage. The laser comes in the standard case that it seems most of O-Like's lasers come in. Now on to the what matters:D

1st of all let me say this laser shipped with no batteries "for obvious reasons".
This however, was not a problem as i had bought some new Duracells a few nights ago."D

Looks: The laser has Flawless chrome finish that will put a smile on your face when you 1st open the case. It has a nice ,smooth finish at the front of the laser and after that and back it has a rippled like finish that really helps with grip. "Believe me you don't want to drop this baby".:)

Focusing head, Button and rear cap: By far the biggest downside of the laser is the focusing head is a little bit loose and is not as smooth as say the 200mW Red laser from O-Like, but nothing a little teflon tape shouldn't take care of. And to be honest it doesn't really bother me that bad, so i am going to leave it alone. The button has a very reassuring click to it, giving me a reassuring feeling it won't fail prematurely and have to fix it. The rear cap for the batteries squeaks a tiny bit but could prolly put a little bit of thread oil and it would fix that :)

Power: The biggest + for me with this laser is the power. it is stated at O-Like that the laser is 10mW. But i do think it may be more. I was surprised at how bright it seemed for 10mW. It gives a nice purple glow that turns blue on things like white paper and some other white materials "including my hoody:D" And it works great with my home made glow board!! But by far the biggest suprise is when i took my black leather wallet and i focused it in and i started to get smoke!:D. I was very suprised that 10mW could do that. So i would def say its up to spec if not over spec.

Pros: Beautiful Chrome Finish, Good feel to the pen, Pretty Bright and smokes my wallet at 10mW!! :D

Cons: The same thing that makes the laser so cool looking could end up being pain if its dropped. Focusing head is too loose. Tailcap kinda squeaky.

Overall: Very Satisfied for $28

IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg

MikeBP

28$ is expensive, looks good but teflon tape is a bad idea just get you some grease and hook it up (the o-like is greased), pick up some lithiums and see how it looks. small laser or sausage fingers, you tell me.

chrome is always awesome

it can burn... NICE!!!! Will have to pick me up one in the future

take pics of the glow board

Big hands and small laser. It only smokes leather. but thats crazy considering the power rating. could prolly do more pot modded though.

MikeBP

If you are going to modify it I would be careful, its pretty awesome, my next purchase is the 100mw 405 for 69.99. Little money coming in I can afford it soon enough lol.

Its a great laser choice you didnt go wrong but with lower mw i would just loctite it and set to infinity. the chrome drives me nuts.

and lol to that shitty fuckin box o like lasers come in... I HATE IT SO MUCH i need to find a good case for it.

Last edited:
I have one of these in 100mW, message me if you want to buy, it costed me $101.99, only used it twice.

I used eyeglass screwdriver size flathead to pot-mod my 10mW. It had the same driver as what's listed on o-like's site. They even tell you which way to turn for higher or lower output. I barely nudged mine and saw a decent jump in output. If you take the button out, you can see the pot from there.

Wish someone could test these on a power meter. Mine was strong like yours out of the "box" but mine didn't come in a box.