Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10k 50mW Green Scanner Build

lamborgini8 said:
Enclosure is now done! Just need to wire up the DMX, fan and IEC mains socket and its done! :D

Note the scratches on the sides are from the top half of the enclosure, they don't show when the top is on :). The big rectangle hole is for the IEC socket.

Looking good :)

I do have a suggestion though: I'd recommend cutting out the area for the fan entirely, so it's just a square. Then get one of those little metal fan guards and bolt it on with the fan. This will get you a much higher airflow and reduced noise :cool:

penggrrr said:
Nice models

;D

Models?

Im not going to cut a larger hole, everything has been fitted now and I don't really want to take it all out again. Plus the fact I think it looks good with the small holes and it does still work surprisingly well as the diameter of the holes are the same as the fan blades and there's only about 3mm between each hole.

Those holes will work OK as long as no one stuffs some hot dogs in them. That would cause some air flow problems.

Yes it will still work, I just much prefer the look of a metal fan grille vs some holes drilled in sheet metal. My computer case was similar when I got it. Just a bunch of holes punched into the case metal.

I cut it out with a dremel and put in a nice fan grille. Much more airflow and less noise. But a scanner produces nowhere near the amount of heat my pc does :p So it's not as large of an issue.