Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1064nm DPSS in action

Here's a video of something you don't usually see, a 1064nm DPSS system. Sure you can't see the beam but there's no bright light to drown out the burning that is going on. Plus you get the added benefit of some jazz while you are watching me turn up the power.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsHe-jmm14[/media]​

disma

man, thats a sweet laser, is there any reason you increase the power so slowly? How much easier on the laser is it to do it that way?

Max

The laser could be fired up at full power, no problem at all. I don't like to have IR or UV lasers come on at full power, however.

My thoughts were to superimpose the laser power meter on the video increasing in power as the current increased which is why I increased the current slow but I didn't want to try and figure out how to do that after I was done and chucked the idea as silly.

disma

actually, that woulda been cool, if you had it aimed at something and it started to burn it, and you would also see the laseing threshold kick in.

Max

Things

That............ was............. cool!!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever tried pointing all your high powered lasers onto the same point? You have a few according to your vids :D You could get a super high powered burner!! :D Nice Vid!