Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10280 Batteries??

I will never for the life of me figure out why people are incapable of using search engines anymore. If you type '10280 battery' into google.. that's the first hit that comes up...

I apologize, but I searched it and I could only find the ones with the tabs on them. And none of the suppliers i usually use carry them. I suppose I should have looked more thoroughly before posting a thread about it. Sorry. :/
Qumefox- Did you get my PM a couple days ago?

If you mean about the mxdl 532's, at this time I don't offer kits, and making them yourself will require a lathe.

No. the usable ID in these MXDL's is only around 10.5mm. All the 532nm modules you find will be 11.9 or 12mm. They have to be turned down to the proper diameter. Also, to actually make it fit lengthwise even using a 10280 when using the stock driver requires getting creative with the colimation optics. The total length of the module can be shortened by around 15mm with only moderate sacrifices to divergence, but it requires more machining to cut the front of the module off, as well as fabricate a lens holder for a short focal length lens.

Haha well darn. Maybe you guys can sum this up for me. Is there a host/host kit that is slim and low profile, but something a bit bigger and sturdier than a generic pen host? I guess somewhere between flashlight, and pen host, speaking in terms of diameter. I'm thinking low power so I really don't need to heatsink. That's why I got jelly over you're little mxdl host, qumefox. ;) I have seen a couple in the ~60$ range. I was hoping there was something more affordable than that... Considering I don't need a massive heatsink.
I appreciate all your help guys.

rhd

Haha well darn. Maybe you guys can sum this up for me. Is there a host/host kit that is slim and low profile, but something a bit bigger and sturdier than a generic pen host? I guess somewhere between flashlight, and pen host, speaking in terms of diameter.

See Qume's suggestion above (below) ;)

I will never for the life of me figure out why people are incapable of using search engines anymore. If you type '10280 battery' into google.. that's the first hit that comes up...

In short, yes, there are, tons of them. A good starting point would be to look at any single-AAA (single-10440) builds done with regular diodes on this forum. Chances are that a lot (most) of them will be using 12mm Aixiz modules, which implies an ID that would be fine for your green.

So either search the forum and look through 10440 builds done by members for some inspiration, or search Google for single-AAA hosts.

Just want to note that 10280 will need a low current 100-200mA charger.

The WF-188's I use work fine. You just have to set them to 300mA instead of 600mA

Sorry don't "need" but staying below 1C or preferably 0.5C will be safer & not shorten the 10280's life. Same with all sizes of li-ions. (1C= same as the battery's mAh, 0.5C= half that.)

I really don't like to accept any increased risk of exploding batteries myself. :tinfoil:

Last edited:
Not sure I believe the 'increased risk of exploding'. the AW 10280's I have just get 'slightly warm' charging at 300mA.. Pretty much the same as any other battery i've ever charged on these chargers.