Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100W Version Laser rust removal tool $188.

Saw this on a FB feed.
I find it in the least difficult to believe.
FB link. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...337&id=2066316710157711&anchor_composer=false

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, I find this very hard to believe. You can pick up high power lasers for cheap on the odd occasion. I picked up a 50w 808 Coherent FAP-I for only about $200 but this was the raw laser package only. No laser/tec driver etc. To complete the system would cost me a fortune. I know for a fact that a system like that would cost thousands.

Edit: Well there you go, didn't look at your link a minute ago Edgar.

diachi

Yes, I find this very hard to believe. You can pick up high power lasers for cheap on the odd occasion. I picked up a 50w 808 Coherent FAP-I for only about $200 but this was the raw laser package only. No laser/tec driver etc. To complete the system would cost me a fortune. I know for a fact that a system like that would cost thousands.

Edit: Well there you go, didn't look at your link a minute ago Edgar.

Not to mention that 50W FAP isn't even close to a rust remover. The rust removers are all Q-switched, usually Nd:YAG. Adds a lot more complexity.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes this is true. To be fair though. I’ve removed rust effectively with a co2 laser engraver many times before now. Just these rust removers are a much more efficient machine designed for that purpose.

Considering what the real deals go for, this low ball one sounds way too good to be true. I would not buy it hoping against hope that it is what they claim. These over hyped lasers are far too common on Chinese websites.

Appears the price went up because someone looked at the link, it's almost quantum.