Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100 mw kaidomain red laser

u think i could get a complete laser for less? i saw his 100mw red modules on ebay but shipping to the US is $45 :eek:

Benm

charleytown55il said:
i e-mailed them and got a reply today and it said that 5 amps is peak current draw.

I'm surprised by that really.. i figured it was a typo, that circuit doesnt look like it dissipates 45 watts of power just like that.

Gazoo said:
It has been proven to be a great laser but you do need to hook up AC power to the circuit board.

Sorry for asking in this thread but how do u do this, is it hard to do or easy peasy?  :D

Gazoo

I don't have one, but I understand it is a piece of cake. You need a plug for your AC outlet and you wire the cord to the circuit board.

H

High_Octane

sambo5472 said:
[quote author=Gazoo link=1193454056/15#17 date=1193708838] It has been proven to be a great laser but you do need to hook up AC power to the circuit board.

Sorry for asking in this thread but how do u do this, is it hard to do or easy peasy? :D[/quote]

I'm the one who purchased one for $38.00 shipped. and yes its very easy to add the AC cord.
I have melted black plastic from about 12 feet with it.

It comes with 2 pigtails, one for the TTL the other for the AC cord. Just solder a lamp cord on and your good to go. Oh and use heat shrink tube over your solder joints. It saves you from those shocking moments. :eek:

Attachments

• 100mwLaserModule.jpg
    100mwLaserModule.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 77
if i were you i'd either coat the bottom of the pcb or find an enclosure as there's line voltage exposed underneath the board

Gazoo

For the price it doesn't suck. It is meant to be used as a lab laser. Besides, you could easily find out how much current it is drawing and make your own driver, therefore powering it with batteries.

High Octane said:
[quote author=sambo5472 link=1193454056/15#21 date=1194392251][quote author=Gazoo link=1193454056/15#17 date=1193708838] It has been proven to be a great laser but you do need to hook up AC power to the circuit board.

Sorry for asking in this thread but how do u do this, is it hard to do or easy peasy?  :D[/quote]

I'm the one who purchased one for $38.00 shipped. and yes its very easy to add the AC cord.
I have melted black plastic from about 12 feet with it.

It comes with 2 pigtails, one for the TTL the other for the AC cord. Just solder a lamp cord on and your good to go. Oh and use heat shrink tube over your solder joints. It saves you from those shocking moments. :eek:[/quote]

Ok thanks for the anwser man, u see i'm looking into buying a module from langling myself. Unfortunately i have zero soldering skills and so i obviously don't have the equipment either. So i need to know all this stuff before i can buy one off these modules.

My question now is can i connect these wires in another way? Now this is very hard to explain for me cause i don't know the exact english word for the object i mean. We call it a sugar, yes like the sweetner, we call it this cause it looks like a little piece off sugar, what it does is it has 4 screws in it and 2 holes through it. So u cant put the wire on either side off the holes and than tighten the screws so they can't get out.
So can i use this to connect the lamp chord to the red and black thread in the unit or do i really need to get my hands on some soldering equipment?
I'm sorry for the long explanation but sugar is a dialect and i don't know the correct dutch word so i can't find the correct English word, couldn't find a picture either all i got was peace off actual sugar. I hope that somebody has an idea off what i am talking about and i am very sorry for making a mess in this thread.

H

High_Octane

I don't see why your sugar wouldn't work, Just make sure there are no exposed metal areas that would shock or short.
I have used wire nuts before, But soldering and heat shrink is the safest.

MarioMaster said:
if i were you i'd either coat the bottom of the pcb or find an enclosure as there's line voltage exposed underneath the board

I bought a project box for it, but it was too small :mad: I guess using my tongue for a heat sink for the under side of the circuit board is out of the question. :p

I think maybe you are referring to a terminal block.

land the line voltage wires into the wire socket and tighten down the binding screws.