Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 watt lser diode

I found a deal on 3 , 1watt diode.
Wanted to build a high power portable laser.
I just want to know if this is a good cannadate for a burning?

NEW, 1 WATT, 808nm

TO-5 SEALED, 3 PIN LASER DIODE PACKAGE.

A/R COATED HEAT GLASS.

SMALL FACET AREA

808nm means its in the invisible spectre of the light (infrared) you know that right ? for burning , depends on what you want to burn with it , but there will be no problems with plastic , matches,and the ordinary things , its verry dangerous and hard to collimate read before buying and trying to do something with that thing ;)

That's great, the power is enough...
Um...Do you use a circuit to power the laser diode? Or connect it with a DC power directly?

like any laser diode it will need a current regulated power supply, but also look into buying goggles for 808nm as 1 watt is extremely hazardous and being invisible you may easily hit your eye from reflections

That 1 watt was 80$ for 6 of them, He also had 3 and 5 watts diodes for under 400$ (ebay)
No I was not shure about the visible light.That kind of sucks, I wanted to make a powerfull hand held.
Thank s for clearing that up for me. The last thing I want , is to be blind.
So I guess that visible lasers are the ones you want.
So where do I find a high power diode , that I can see?

TEAM_GREAN said:
That 1 watt was 80$ for 6 of them, He also had 3 and 5 watts diodes for under 400$ (ebay)
No I was not shure about the visible light.That kind of sucks, I wanted to make a powerfull hand held.
Thank s for clearing that up for me. The last thing I want , is to be blind.
So I guess that visible lasers are the ones you want.
So where do I find a high power diode , that I can see?

Nah, it was only for one of them. THe picture shows 5 but the auction states its for 1.