Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 watt 808nm

Kenom

It did. Obviously the V1 head is too small for sufficient heatsinking for a fully powered c-mount So like all those lasers with the really big heads, the C-mount Kryton is going to have to have a pretty large head to accomodate the extra heat generated by the diode. Everyone's preference seems to be leaning towards a AAA sized host instead of a C-mount so it will get put on hold for a little longer.

try making the host looking almost like the Spartan.It looks better then most high powers lasers.

disma

here is a picture of the inside of the aixiz 50mw green module. it IS definitely a c-mount.
I think you might be able to take out the crystals and screw the lens in farther to focus it.
even so, I would be interested in one of these at this price. they would be easy to just make a lens mount for. All you have to do is hold a lens in front of it at the correct focal length.

Max

Attachments

• 100_1520.jpg
    100_1520.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 85
No, probably not... 50mW of green from a 2watt 808... Unless its really underdriven, but that doesn't really justify the extra cost...

The output of a C-mount is more like a "bar". You will need a fast axis lens if the diode doesn't already come with one. Any glass lens should be able to collimate it. Just be aware that IR doesn't focus well for long distance burning...

oh wow I must have missed seeing those drivers.
I was kind of thinking you guys would use 3 or 4 flexdrives ;D

that will work for 5 amp so you could power a 5 watt ld from snoc