Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 Watt 532nm Viasho laser Videos

There was a little bit of incense smoke in the place. Not enough to really make a difference though. This thing doesn't change all that much in apparent brightness when smoke is added. It is already near a point of saturation. Protective eye wear is a must.

funny, my MXDL red is able to burn thru cardboard at about that rate..
i imagine that thing is bright as hell, i want one. lol.

The most important factor to keep in mind is the beam diameter of the laser (2-3mm). If I were to focus this laser to a small spot as I would do with my DIY reds (less that 1/5 mm) it would probably get the job done much much faster. Another variable of importance is the cardboard. My reds can burn pretty quickly through the cardboard from a coke box. The cardboard in this video is from the packaging they used to ship the 2 heavy lasers. It's actually 3 layers of thick cardboard, 1 on each side and a 3rd ridged piece in the middle for strength. I tried burning through it with my 250mW red and it took a minute but it did the trick.
The GB for these just ended today. They were 1650 each. Expensive, but One heck of a deal.

I live in the middle of San Fracisco. It is easy to get away with a 20mW laser out the window but these ones might be a little too bright. There are a lot of planes and police who might get worried. These lasers are scary.

Razako

I guess it would attract too much attention in the middle of SF. It would probably look awesome if you pointed both of them out the window and fired them up on a foggy night.

Btw how is the divergence on these? I have heard that more powerful lasers usually have poor beam specs.

It is true that higher powered lasers tend to have bad specs (especially reds). The beam diameter on both of these is nice around 1.5mm leaving the aperture. The divergence is appears to be 2mRad for both but I haven't done any accurate measurements on one of them. Stability is awesome with 1 and the other tends to have a little flickering but not after it has been fully powered and warmed up. The output on both of these is well above 1 watt. I am waiting for a friend to get back into the bay area and I am going to use his meter to test them (Laserzen can I use your meter?) Both lasers are in tem00 and have a nice round dot.

shining an RPL out of the window looks amazing on a clear night, on a foggy night.. im lost for words.

these babies are 1 Watt!
would love to see outdoor beamshots!!
it must feel really tempting though i guess  :D

yobresal said:
Also: I haven't tried popping any balloons yet so I am not sure. ;D
Yeah at only 1000mW I don't think it will be able to pop balloons.

I still like watching those videos, 1000mW isn't a toy, even though it can be just as fun as one.

awesome pics.
have you put your hand in front of it yet? lol, how fast will it burn your skin?

Ace82

mikeeey said:
awesome pics.
have you put your hand in front of it yet? lol, how fast will it burn your skin?

What kind of question is that? That would be the first thing I do! ;D The pain would make me so happy! :p Try to hold your hand still on the beam for 7 seconds! lol ;D can it pop balloons?! You mean, can it pop a piñata!

Hows the divergence? Hows it's burning capabilities at far distances?

Very Nice Laser BTW. Now you need to figure out how to make it hand held to scare off bears and what not. lol!