Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1 Watt 532nm Viasho laser Videos

Yeah it is really painful. I have trouble with 2 seconds it hurts immediately. I don't put my hand in front of it anymore. And yes I did get them for $1650 but that price was part of a limited time offer.

thanks for the pics, those beamshots look insane :D
shine it through a diffraction grating next time its foggy or on a humid night.
try to be careful with outdoor shots, bet those beams attract enough attention.

Ace82

yobresal said:
There was a little bit of incense smoke in the place. Not enough to really make a difference though. This thing doesn't change all that much in apparent brightness when smoke is added. It is already near a point of saturation. Protective eye wear is a must.

Incense smoke makes a HUGE difference! Especially for HI powered lasers.

Attachments

• NAG_CHAMPA.JPG
    NAG_CHAMPA.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 162
That's insane. I like how you can see the laser light up the side of the building in the second pic. That thing is bright.
My favorite thing to burn is flourescent pink post-its. You should try it... My >100mW burns through it instantly and makes it ember so I'm sure 1W would make a pretty orange fluorescent flash and set it on fire quick.

Amnizu

ixfd64 said:
If you stared into it for a minute, would it hurt your eyes? :D

No, it would hurt the back of your skull as it burned through it.

Things

No it would hurt your neighbors skull, since it burned through you and your wall in a instance ;D ;D Nice laser man, i wish i had one of those *Thinks of all the fun he could have with 1w*

mmmmmmmmm

i want to get one once i have the money. pop goes the neighbour's car tyres jk

I actually haven't seen that video. That is same great burning distance there.

ixfd64

yobresal said:

That's very impressive! I don't mean to burst your bubble, but Lorgar lit wood on fire with a 1 W laser!

http://www.lAserenthusiast.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525

Unless Lorgar's laser is overpowered, it's definitely possible to light wood on fire with a 1W laser. (Roadrunner from LC was able to cut a match in half with a 500 mW one.) You should try to do the same with yours!