Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1+w 405nm 💀

Thanks
you are welcome.
Nobody reads about thousands of laser fans doing stuff all the time with no accidents--BUT one person gets harmed and it is all over the news.. worst (w/nobdy hurt) are idiots lasing aircraft. They are required to report and the police WILL find them See what happens when you get caught at laserpointersafety.com

big fines jail time --even for women.

anyone want lasers over 5 mW illegal?
how about ones over 1 mW?? yeah that is not a typo.
Laserglow in Canada cannot sell lasers in Canada .

hak

dreaming

Thanks
you are welcome.
Nobody reads about thousands of laser fans doing stuff all the time with no accidents--BUT one person gets harmed and it is all over the news.. worst (w/nobdy hurt) are idiots lasing aircraft. They are required to report and the police WILL find them See what happens when you get caught at laserpointersafety.com

big fines jail time --even for women.

anyone want lasers over 5 mW illegal?
how about ones over 1 mW?? yeah that is not a typo.
Laserglow in Canada cannot sell lasers in Canada .

hak
Yes, so LEDs and so on would be a much better choice. I know portable blacklights tend to sell well on Amazon, and of course, those would be dangerous too, being UV, and require warning labels and so on, but still much more merchandise-able.

gazer101

Its a complex issue but long story short because of the existence of a relatively small minority of idiots, it isn't ethical to sell >5mW lasers unless you do KYC on each and every person that buys from you (since otherwise they could be in that minority of idiots).

Legal is another issue, but suffice it to say that ethics are the larger obstacle to selling lasers

405nanoMatt

Its a complex issue but long story short because of the existence of a relatively small minority of idiots, it isn't ethical to sell >5mW lasers unless you do KYC on each and every person that buys from you (since otherwise they could be in that minority of idiots).

Legal is another issue, but suffice it to say that ethics are the larger obstacle to selling lasers
Kyc?

Ushan

Honestly I love the angle it shines at. Looks like it’s meant to be a pipe lighter. I know if I had one I would use it to light my bowls 😙💨

405nanoMatt

That is what I use them for.It’s a clean burn.Nothing to foul the flavor

Last edited:

gazer101

KYC = know your customer (like Skype them, background check, etc.)