Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.5 Amp 445nm Phaser Build...

jayrob

:tired: how do i buy this item, i cant find any way to order this?

Yes I sell a kit that is complete. (minus the diode)

I'll message you with links to the proper safety glasses, etc...

bad ass thats what this is really about
very cool thank you for the pics
great work. i want one

You may leave it on high power, but for showy effects and just extra nerdy points, you can always "set your phaser to stun" if you want to use it indoors, or just to get some laughs.

What about installing a POT near where that brightness adjustment switch is? Is it possible to reduce the amperage output to reduce its strength, or is that bad for the diode?

Jayrob, I have the phaser, diode, heatsink, driver, and power source, but how much for that nozzle and the other components? Some information would be much appreciated.

jayrob

What about installing a POT near where that brightness adjustment switch is? Is it possible to reduce the amperage output to reduce its strength, or is that bad for the diode?

Jayrob, I have the phaser, diode, heatsink, driver, and power source, but how much for that nozzle and the other components? Some information would be much appreciated.

I'll send you a PM... :beer:

Mudog

Re: 1.5 Amp 445 Phaser Build...

How do I order one of your kits? I am interested in the "improved" Phazer.
Mudog

:thanks:

I already took my diode out... (this 'Hot' option build is for a customer)

But I had to put a diode in there to test it and make sure everything was working as expected. Especially with the two voltage monitors and stuff...

It gave 1.5 Amps to the diode, and measured 1.3 Watts with an AixiZ 445 lens installed. :)

Easily popped a balloon at 15'...

Edit: I just upgraded my 12X build to match this exact build! :) I have a blue LED inside as well. I'll try to get some video and post it in the first post... (edit: just added a short video)

jayrob

Re: 1.5 Amp 445 Phaser Build...

How do I order one of your kits? I am interested in the "improved" Phazer.
Mudog

I'll send you a PM with safety glasses information for you as well...

Hey do you still mess with this project? The Replica Prop Forum pimped you out so expect a herd of people wanting one :).
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153687085107243&id=300219787242

Last edited:
Answer -- YOU build one !!!
I built mine about two years ago and have it set at 1.2 Watts. I made a new output "nozzle" with plastic so it lights up with scatter. It just has a larger hole....
While blacksmithing a year ago, I hid a piece of steel wool on the old vice. I told the audience that there are now easier ways to heat metal and pulled out the phaser. The steel wool disappeared! WOW !!!
HMike

GSS

Answer -- YOU build one !!!
I built mine about two years ago and have it set at 1.2 Watts. I made a new output "nozzle" with plastic so it lights up with scatter. It just has a larger hole....
While blacksmithing a year ago, I hid a piece of steel wool on the old vice. I told the audience that there are now easier ways to heat metal and pulled out the phaser. The steel wool disappeared! WOW !!!
HMike
Please tell me you didn't give away your secret:bowdown:

GSS --- To them, Phaser -Laser -- what's the difference They saw the beam do its work !!! One guy wanted to "see" it but I wouldn't hand it to him --- "its loaded" !!
HMike