Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.4W-2.5W Blue-Ice Lasers $125 shipped (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1.2W Blue-Ice Lasers $120 shipped (Now available as $50 JAD KIT)

Just got my blue ice laser in the mail from Yobresal today, and what an outstanding build; this thing is solid! The blue beam is thick and intense, the housing is well-built and attractive, and the shipping super-fast. This is the first purchase I have made on this site, and I am utterly amazed with Yobresal; professional, courteous, skilled, and honest seller. Many times one has to be vigilant about who he buys from on the internet, but you do not have to worry about that with this guy. I am an extremely happy buyer!

Anyone know what the polarity of the diode is? Bought one for friend and he screwed the front off and broke the wires. If the unused pin is to the right, then is positive the top or bottom? TY

(top) - positive
(mid/right) - case pin
(bottom) - negative

:beer:

Last edited:

My yobresal laser should be arriving tomorrow! Bit of a custom build with the same host as the others. I asked for a high/low/strobe function and he obliged! A little lower max power, but I'll likely be using low power most of the time anyway!

Obligatory pics and beamshots to follow. :)

Sounds like a neat build! Don't know if you've ordered anything from Yobresal before, but you're in for a treat. How much power does the strobe laser put out? What was the price?

No idea on the power level in strobe. Max in high is 'around 1W' according to him... Sti plenty strong for a first laser! I'll probably get the bug now and buy another one with retardedly high power. :)

Price was actually unchanged from the 'normal' build! Shipping seems fast too...went out Friday and should be here (Calgary, Alberta, CANADA!) tomorrow!

They are addictive! I have the bug and can't get rid of it. I'm in the market for a few more.

Hey all, FYI I have an ehgemus 2.3-2.4W build Available. Haven't posted for sale yet but it is. It's a single 18650 host (though runs on 2 16340)
I will be posting it tomorrow.

Ponz

Testimonial:

Luke has been terrific to work with. I purchased one and it is great. So is his "after the sale" follow-up!

Ponz

Well it has arrived! Thankfully on the exact same day as my safety goggles. :) still charging the batts, but should have a bit of fun tonight! Thanks Luke! Looks and feels great! Wicked fast shipping too!

After playing with it for a bit - i've decided this thing is AWESOME! :) kinda cool popping ballons and melting shit.

Quick q - I can focus into a single dot at close range, but at like 15+ feet, I can only focus into a smallish circle... whats the max distance you should be able to focus to a small point? I realize divergence is going to happen - I'm just curious if the range I'm seeing is 'normal'? How the heck am I gonna pop balloons at 200ft? ;)

Thanks Luke for the laser - very nice build indeed!

You will need a 405nm to pop a ballon at 200 ft. These ones have pretty high divergence so 15ft sounds about right (in terms of being able to focus the spot size down to a point.)

Okay perfect! I actually didn't know you even COULD pop a balloon at 200ft! :)

This thing rocks... I'm carving up CD cases in the basement right now!

Be careful when you start melting plastics that you don't accidently get any PVC in the way. The fumes given off when burning PVC are known to be carcinogens

I only mention this because years ago when I was in school I used a piece of plastic I found in the lab to run my laser cutting program on and sometime not long after found out it was PVC, just before we evacuated the lab...

Last edited:

luccax

Niiiice laser!!!

How much is shipping to Brazil? I wanna buy it right now!

Shipping to Brazil is $35. Unless you pay as gift in which case I can use priority for $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.