Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.3-1.4Watt 520nm NDG7475 GREEN BULLET Build

GSS

Yes they are Sanwu lenses. The thread pitch is the same between them like all the other lens we use in every day pointers (2 element, 3 element, DTR and SL G2). The OD and ID are identical as well (talking about Sanwu lenses). The diff (9mm vs 7mm) is the length of the barrel as shown in the pics. As far as i know there isnt a 7mm length G2 lens from Sanwu, only the G7 lens has the 2 barrel length options. The 3 element lens that Sanwu sells is just like the ones you get from DTR as far as looks and dimensions. The actual glass lens in the G7 is the same between the two available barrel lengths from Sanwu. The 7mm barrel has the lens positioned in the middle of the barrel and the only feature showing proper orientation are the two cuts on the barrel (same flat head screwdriver cuts seen on all the hobby lenses currently) and the side without the cuts is the diode side.
The reason I cant use the 7mm barrel G7 lens on non Sanwu made lasers is that the thread depth is too shallow for our 12mm diode modules. Even though the pitch and OD are the same the threads arent cut as deep and they bind in the 12mm module threaded lens cavity.
Perfectly explained dden,
Saved me a ton of hassle as was planning on ordering a few from Sanwu.
Seems like his lenses are more tailered for his units? or at least that one 7mm barrel?
Have you noticed the G7 in the 9mm barrel not holding on to well when focusing on your non Sanwu units?

Its a good lens that's poorly implemented. I have a few and won't be ordering more till its been revised. Besides I use the 2 element lens for the majority of my builds.