Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1.2w 445 review

Hey guys, this is my first review so if you want me to add anything just ask, please leave some feedback anyway lets get started.

Before I even start I want to say I am not receiving anything for this review no discounts, review money, free items, Im doing this because I feel I need to pay back Lazerer for there great service. This is a unbiased review.

The laser: Cyber100 1.2w 445 waterproof laser

UPDATE: ADDED VIDEO OF LASER UNDERWATER AND LASER BURNING STEEL WOOL!

Here is the laser completely submerged in my sink I have done this around 4 times and not even a drop of water was found in the host. The other video is just a lame video of me trying to burn steel wool. :p These where taken with my cell phone.

Ordering,shipping, and service.

The website is easy to navigate and if you have an account on it, its easy to track your order. I ordered a 1w cyber100 on the 28th of November with a power certificate, charger, and batteries, three days later Max informed me that they where out of stock and if he could ship me the 1.2w cyber100 for no extra cost. Of course I said yes. :p The laser was shipped on December 4th, it would of shipped earlier but it was the weekend. Lazerer probably provided the best service out of all the chinese laser sellers I have ordered from. They informed me that they where out of stock right away instead of waiting weeks, and also shipped me the more powerful version for no extra cost.

Link to laser: Cyber 445nm - 1.2W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer Water Proof
Link to glasses: Beginner Safety Goggles for 532nm / 445nm Laser

The received the laser today, so around 12 days later.

The laser came shipped in a nice package, the customs declaration declared it a gift containing a flashlight and sunglasses. :eg: The package had a small rip on the back but doesn't really make a difference and that was probably the shippers fault.

34oasg2.jpg

108cyfl.jpg

The glasses and laser where wrapped in nice packages.

igf6v8.jpg

One thing I don't like is how every company uses the same Green laser box. Oh well as long as it has the correct laser.

2d6rry0.jpg

Everything inside the box was wrapped in bubble wrap. The power certificate was laying at the top of the box.

2l18xk.jpg

15him3a.jpg

The laser was around 1.3w, they use a Laserbee 2.5w USB power meter, dont forget I only payed for a 1w laser. So I payed for a 1w laser and recieved a 1.3w laser. :drool:

2d6mlnl.jpg

v7tqvm.jpg

Here is a picture of the glasses. The plastic wrapper had some interesting information on it about different OD+ ratings and info about the glasses.

ixfmlc.jpg

Everything together...

1y029h.jpg

Here is some pictures of the waterproof host.

Heatsink and Diode:

67i0ar.jpg

This is the head of the laser:
10fdgu8.jpg

The host as a whole:

dqqe00.jpg

2le2uly.jpg

Some beamshots with my crappy camera :beer:

Pointing at the sky, no light:

2qaqmv8.jpg

In a lit room:

2cmq87q.jpg

Some others:

b64qyg.jpg

2dgupw4.jpg

24diq1u.jpg

Here are some comparison shots with the dot and beam to test the safety glasses. I don't have a LPM so I cant really do any tests, but i have some comparison pictures.

ekrv3b.jpg

2iidffk.jpg

fz2140.jpg

whbt6f.jpg

The host feels great, and I just tested it and it is waterproof, I submerged it in my sink for around 30 seconds. The duty cycle is 45 on and 60 off, so not bad. The host is not light it is kind of heavy which I like. I also like the orange clicky. The 2 16340 batteries last a very long time.

Over all I am very happy with my purchase and will purchase from them again, the laser is waterproof. I will soon and post a video of it in water. I will also post some other videos of burning later on. Looking forward to some feedback and thanks for looking!! :beer::beer: ( OH YA, and thanks MAX!)

Last edited:

Great review! I think Lazerer are one of the best sellers at the moment especially with their power certificate service.

Those batteries may be charged already. They will probably be at ~4.0v and they are charging at a really slow rate

Great review! I think Lazerer are one of the best sellers at the moment especially with their power certificate service.

Those batteries may be charged already. They will probably be at ~4.0v and they are charging at a really slow rate

Ya I agree they are one of the best sellers. The batteries are 3.7v., the charger can only take one battery so it takes forever. The battery took about two hours to charge.

UPDATE: Tried the laser underwater and it works perfect. Ill get some video or pictures of it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Update here is the videos of laser underwater and lighting steel wool, it looks great underwater! Video added to my review but here anyway!

Great review, I'm considering purchasing that laser! Can you give me an estimate of it's beam and/or dots visible range?