Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Zupa 42 Head Interchangeable Laser Pointer (UK)

AgentOne

My little sister's birthday is coming up and she wants a laser of her own. I have a standard Green Laser I bought from MegaGreen but I'd rather give her something a little less powerful and a bit more fun.

I remember the small keyring red lasers that my local corner store used to sell for like £2 that had interchangeable heads. I've done a bit of research and found one here: https://www.ebay.com/c/1902077287

Unfortunately, that particular seller doesn't ship to the UK and I can't find any that do. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get in touch with the manufacturer directly so I can get it shipped here? Or any seller that ships here? I found a few of the 5 head ones but I'd rather go for the 42.

How old is your "little sister"? If she is very young, under 16, I would reconsider giving her a laser. Often little kids will look directly into one even after being told this will blind you. Since you don't give her age I thought you should know this.

AgentOne

How old is your "little sister"? If she is very young, under 16, I would reconsider giving her a laser. Often little kids will look directly into one even after being told this will blind you. Since you don't give her age I thought you should know this.
She's ten which I think should be okay as me and most of my friends had these particular ones when I was 7.

Even a low power laser, 1 mW, can cause blindness when it is looked into. Children are not capable of always making informed decisions. How would you feel if your 10 year old sister lost sight permanently in an eye because you gave her a laser? The lens of the eye concentrates the beam to a much smaller area making the power density increase in the area of the retina that it strikes. Please make informed decisions.

Encap

No manufacturer is going to sell you one of those---the paperwork would cost more than they make on the sale.
You could buy them here min. order 5000pcs https://www.hktdc.com/suppliers-products/42-in-1-Laser/en/1X071S5J/1785808/ LOL

The eBay seller you gave a link for ships to the UK, 3rd in list of "ships to", in case you can't read or are playing pretend and/or trolling the forum. Not a good idea as a gift for and 10 yr. old girl for obvious reasons as others have mentioned.
The eBay seller ships to:
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Africa, Thailand, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Bahamas, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Croatia, Republic of, Malaysia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands, Barbados, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Brunei Darussalam, Bolivia, Ecuador, Egypt, French Guiana, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Iceland, Jersey, Jordan, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Luxembourg, Monaco, Macau, Martinique, Maldives, Nicaragua, Oman, Peru, Pakistan, Paraguay, Reunion, Vietnam, Uruguay

Last edited: