Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

zonestealth lawl

dilmah

Outside with glasses - 1/800 and F/4.0

Attachments

• CIMG3466.jpg
    CIMG3466.jpg
    928.8 KB · Views: 224

S

SenKat

Honestly, if I were you - I would ask Pseudo nicely for his mailing address, and send them to him for total testing....what you have done is prove that the VLT is a little bit lower than average, so some danger may exist. If you value your eyesight (which I really believe you DO !) then it is only a few more bucks, and a few more days worth of waiting to find out for certain.

Aseras

it says they are good for 620-780nm. that's most of red.

if you have a red laser shine it through a corner; if it's high power and the lenses block, it'll start burning a hole in them and you DONT want that in the middle of your lenses trust me. Check the angle so you can see where the beam should go through at and be careful of the reflection. if NOTHING goes through they should be safe. if you can see any light hitting the desk or whatever, I wouldn't trust them. Check in the dark to make sure.. Check it with a green laser and it should go right through as if nothing was there.

an example with green goggles:
dwgvr.jpg

Red goes through, but no green is transmitted.

Aseras

and one more thing, crop your pics man I'm at 1600x1200 and I have to scroll all over the damn place to see them. I usually crop my size to 800x600, both to save filespace and make it fit on most people's monitors.

dilmah

haha sorry about that will do for my next pics. Ill try what Aseras suggested before putting them on haha.
actually i might ask pseudo, i wonder if he has the time though?

thanks for the help guys

dilmah

Ok i pmed pseudo (hope it was the right guy - psuedonym), so if he has time, ill be sending the goggles off for testing, confirming or placing the whole laser communities fears of ebay goggles at ultimate rest.

Senkat, if it turns out these goggles are a load of crap, THANK YOU, you would have saved my virginity

i mean life

S

SenKat

dilmah said:
Ok i pmed pseudo (hope it was the right guy - psuedonym), so if he has time, ill be sending the goggles off for testing, confirming or placing the whole laser communities fears of ebay goggles at ultimate rest.

Senkat, if it turns out these goggles are a load of crap, THANK YOU, you would have saved my virginity

i mean life

I hope they are not crap - I don't like seeing folks get the short end of the stick on deals...it is ALWAYS safer to ask before buying on here...I know some folks don't think of that first all the time, or they are too new here, and have already bought stuff that is of questionable quality...but at least NOW you know to check thing out fully first :) Glad I caught you before you used them !

tomcat

offtopic but valid: shrink your damn pictures to 640/480 or 800/600 no real quality loss but damn eisier to see