Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

yvo and yag crystals

who knows how to get those crystals (small ones) for experimenting with wavelengths?
I live in the Netherlands, and I don't know if I can trust the ads on Ebay....

found a IR DL from an old laserprinter, it must be far in the IR, because even with a webcam I can't see the light...
after hooking the receiverdiode up to my scope, the DL seemed to work correctly.

like you test the ir-led of your remotecontrol with a digital camera, webcam or so, you can see the ir-led lighting up.
since the CCD chip ''sees'' more than the human eye.

just placed a bid on ebay......nd:yag rod 50x3mm incl. or optic.
let's see what's it's all about.
any suggestions about building one, please do
:cool:

Daedal

wilfred1970 said:
who knows how to get those crystals (small ones) for experimenting with wavelengths?
I live in the Netherlands, and I don't know if I can trust the ads on Ebay....

found a IR DL from an old laserprinter, it must be far in the IR, because even with a webcam I can't see the light...
after hooking the receiverdiode up to my scope, the DL seemed to work correctly.

like you test the ir-led of your remotecontrol with a digital camera, webcam or so, you can see the ir-led lighting up.
since the CCD chip ''sees'' more than the human eye.

Please know that to generate color from IR you need the right IR wavelength first of all, and then you need a TON of it. The LD's in laser printers are usually much less powerful than is needed to generate light through these crystals.

--DDL

i've seen examplesof a 808nm dl pumping through a yag or yvo4 crystal and then a kdp crystal to make it green (808--1064--532); and yes in those examples they speak of >1W dl

btw:do you think a co2 OC mirror works with a ruby rod? it's for experimenting only, so i dont want to spend too much euros on it...