Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Your opinion?

I don't think I can make small laser of parts that I have, so I thought it would be batter and easier to handle with this one. Driver and power supply are separated from laser housing and heatsink.

What do you think?

Last edited:

I've seen lab lasers in one housing (driver, focusing system, LD... all in one).

But in this case I drew LD in housing and heatsink separated from power suply. Since I haven't seen laser like this yet, I wanted to know your opinion. It seems to be pretty much easier to hendle with than with "clasical" (all in one) lab laser.

Last edited:
Btw, you can see heatsink in pictures. Is this heatsink good enough for this laser or it's to big, to small...?

I've seen lab laser and they are in one housing (driver, focusing system, LD... all in one).

But in this case I drew LD in housing and heatsink separated from power suply. Since I haven't seen laser like this yet, I wanted to know your opinion. It seems to be pretty much easier to hendle with than with "clasical lab laser".

If you are not prepared for the answer, then you shouldn't ask the question. A smart person would have done some research first before answering back.

Lab lasers come in a few styles. One type uses the design you have made, as I said before. Sorry but you have not created anything new. And it is a LAB LASER.

300mw 532nm DPSS Green Lab Laser Module With TTL - eBay (item 120549398104 end time Apr-26-10 17:49:54 PDT)

I'm just asking for someones opinion. I've never seen something like this although I did some research. And I didn't say that I've created something new.

I don't understand why do you have to be so rude...

Forgive me because I'm not so smart person as you are.

Last edited:
if its not in a pen or handheld portable (usually Batt operated) we consider it a lab style welcome to the forum theres a lot of neat stuff here JL

So, let's ignore some of the previous posts and let's say that I would like to make a lab laser like this one in the pictures. Would it do its job in this heatsink with "normal" duty cycle?

I have 650nm LOC LD from LG GSA-H55L DVD burner and LM317 (385mA) driver.