Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yet another 445nm labby

Google 'deep cool socket 775' but it appears they don't make these anymore. The lowest price I see for them now is almost 3x what I paid for the batch I bought originally, and none of the primary distributors my company deals with has them in stock anymore.

That's one thing I hate about the PC industry these days. It's hard to find the same part 3 months later...

Last edited:

dnar

It always worries me when I see high power lasers precariously mounted on the bench. If that thing wobbles off the role of tape, or you catch the cables with you hand that thing could flash you in the eyes... Please please mount it securely.

It could.. but I was wearing goggles.. just like I always do.. And not WL goggles either. heh I've tried pushing 1.3W (estimated, LPM only goes to 1050mw)through them and got nothing visible through them.

I was the only person in the building as well.

And BTW that's the reason to wear safety goggles. In case accidents like you describe happen.

Though you'll be happy to know that a base has already been fabricated and it no longer lives on roll of masking tape.

Though here's some pics I took playing around with it the next day before anybody else got to the office. Was still pre-base though, since the original pics were taken one night and these were the next morning when I did the 96 minute test.

Setting a paper towel on fire.
IMG_0360.jpg

Punching holes through a piece of cardboard
IMG_0372.jpg