Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yep, just another happy laserbee I owner.

This is my first post. As an engineer. I respect good work. That is why I want to thank lasersbee for producing such a fine piece of equipment in the laserbee I. It is straight forward to use. The price is reasonable since you get a CALIBRATED precision piece of equipment. As I jump into this hobby, every thought always turned to "I have to know the absolute power of any laser I operate". It must be easy for any laser (wavelength) I play with. It is about safety too. My eyes are worth it. I bought a handful of green Chinese laser pointers. It probably comes as no surprise that each laser arrived at a different intensity (lack of quality control when they tune the pots). What IS a surprise is that ALL of them were over 5mW (despite the sticker indicating <5mW - this coud explain confiscation by customs if checked!). This gave me a false impression of safety, and what the bightness of 5mW really was (of course, I got over it, one of them clocked in at 50mW!). In the name of safety, I put together a dramatic little safety video to remind us that these are not toys. Watch the video here: YouTube - This is your eye. This is your eye on LASERS! . I know I get tired of people preaching safety but never tell you where to get an affordable set of safety goggles. On a hobby budget it may get quite expensive to protect yourself, and your observers. I plan to shoot my lasers through various safety glasses available and report the attenuation using the laserbee I. Other heros of LPF include JAYROB, MODWERX, and the wizards who used the optics of a phr sled to make white lasers. Thank you for your inspiration. I am looking forward to becoming part of this elite community. -Rodger

VW

Great first post. Welcome to the community!

welcome.gif
to the Forum Rodger...

you being an engineer... it seems idiotic to tell you to read the
Forum for info... That's what engineers do....;)

Thanks for the kudos on the LaserBee I... It is always greatly
appreciated...
If you need anything just PM me at your leisure..:cool:

Enjoy your stay.....

Jerry