Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

yellow/orange laser?

593nm lasers are much like green in the way they work. They are diode pumped solid state (DPSS) just like green, and I believe they also use an 808nm pump. The difference is all in the crystal assembly. The crystals used are much less efficient, and thus have much lower output:pump power ratio than the greens. Here is a quote I found where they are getting 1.29W of 593 with a 30W pumper.

"We have developed diode pumped solid state orange (593 nm) laser by use of intracavity sum frequency mixing for Nd:YVO/sub 4/ dual pumping dual cavity (1342 nm and 1064 nm). The maximum orange power was 1.29 W at 30 W pumping."

more please? anyone have detaild info on the materials, a break down of the process?

The yellow orange lasers are based on OPO sum frequency generation. In order to make them work they are coated with coatings that reflect both 1.06 and 1.3um. Problem is that they have to cut thge 1064nm down to the point where it just barely lases for it to work. Usually they are coated HR-532 for good measure since the 532nm lases along with the 594nm.

I got a load of the yellow OPO crystals up on feebay and ebid. They are listed VERY cheaply since they are not finished and require a rather exotically coated YVO4 to work.

heruursciences said:
The yellow orange lasers are based on OPO sum frequency generation. In order to make them work they are coated with coatings that reflect both 1.06 and 1.3um. Problem is that they have to cut thge 1064nm down to the point where it just barely lases for it to work. Usually they are coated HR-532 for good measure since the 532nm lases along with the 594nm.

I got a load of the yellow OPO crystals up on feebay and ebid. They are listed VERY cheaply since they are not finished and require a rather exotically coated YVO4 to work.

Where could one even get coating work like that done? and what kind of prices would they be looking at?