Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow laser diodes might become real

It is no doubt that inevitable yellow laser diodes will eventually become a thing, but the question is when.
I believe there has been a number of older papers also showing how to make yellow or yellow-green diodes.
One thing to consider is that simply making a laser diode of one wavelength in a lab is not the same as mass producing them for a reasonable cost, as mass producing them requires different technical requirement, and maybe more important, a significant demand for them.

Commander J. Bloodmaker

DON'T TEASE ME!!! I WANT YELLOW, MOMMY I WANT YELLOW IN A SINGLE MODE!!!!!! NOW!!!!! I really do want yellow and orange in a single mode. I wish they would hurry up and start making billions of them, so I can buy a few dozen at a great price. lol

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Sounds awesome, this is the one big wavelength gap this hobby needs filled. :D

Sowee7

Sounds awesome, this is the one big wavelength gap this hobby needs filled. :D
DON'T TEASE ME!!! I WANT YELLOW, MOMMY I WANT YELLOW IN A SINGLE MODE!!!!!! NOW!!!!! I really do want yellow and orange in a single mode. I wish they would hurry up and start making billions of them, so I can buy a few dozen at a great price. lol
yes!!! i want orange/yellow diodes. hopefully they start mass producing those orange diodes we saw a while ago at 599-605nm